League Two 2021/22 Playoffs: Semi Finals

While being glad the Scum lost, I am not delighted PV won! A proportion of their fans are always looking for trouble whenever we've been there and were awful again at the end of last night's match. Come on Mansfield!*

*but have you still got those awful seats with about 3 inches of legroom in your away end?

Not a great choice for the away fan in L2. An even worse version of the Kasstad (which is quite a feat) at Mansfield or a crumbling heap that is Vale Park in lovely Burslem.

While being glad the Scum lost, I am not delighted PV won! A proportion of their fans are always looking for trouble whenever we've been there and were awful again at the end of last night's match. Come on Mansfield!*

*but have you still got those awful seats with about 3 inches of legroom in your away end?
Stoke way, aren't they? Arch Brexiters and 'Question Time' rejects, no doubt

Burslem is I think the most "deprived" place I've been to in England. Boarded up houses, smashed up old factories, pwopa nawty looking pubs everywhere. It's not a great away end but it's nice and old school.

Not a great choice for the away fan in L2. An even worse version of the Kasstad (which is quite a feat) at Mansfield or a crumbling heap that is Vale Park in lovely Burslem.

Vale Park every day of the week for me. Proper old school ground.

I actually have pretty fond memories of my last away day at Mansfield.....there was a really decent real ale pub near the station; and then Beano scored his 100th goal, Dave Kitson had one of his rare games in yellow where he decided to put some effort in and absolutely ran the show, and we completely battered them.

I can remember almost nothing about the ground itself, mind.......

I actually have pretty fond memories of my last away day at Mansfield.....there was a really decent real ale pub near the station; and then Beano scored his 100th goal, Dave Kitson had one of his rare games in yellow where he decided to put some effort in and absolutely ran the show, and we completely battered them.

I don't have great memories of my only trip there, think we lost 1-0 and were penned in the ground for ages afterwards. It was a few weeks before we were relegated in 2006.

Remembering times like that make me very happy about how we've been getting on in more recent times :)

Well we won't be the only team with 3 stands in league one. The old stand that runs the length of the pitch got condemned a couple of years back.

Last edited:

I remember the Roof flexing a lot in high winds at one game.

York v Boston today as well.
In the National League North.
I assume that Jonathan Van Tan will be there supporting Boston.

Well York did it and are back in the NL.
In City's league Dorking v Ebbsfleet has gone to ET

Would favour Vale, because of the way they graciously stepped aside after missing out on the playoffs on goal difference (or something like that) in the covid season, rather than start launching toys everywhere and appealing

Would favour Vale, because of the way they graciously stepped aside after missing out on the playoffs on goal difference (or something like that) in the covid season, rather than start launching toys everywhere and appealing
I'd marginally prefer Mansfield as somehow never done that away day. They strike me as similar size clubs in similar areas really.

Both are places where trains forgot to go to. Seriously, who designed the line that Mansfield is on? It's just some spur out of Nottingham. Go from Oxford and it's 4hours + with two changes. It's barely an improvement from London or Birmingham either.

Both are places where trains forgot to go to. Seriously, who designed the line that Mansfield is on? It's just some spur out of Nottingham. Go from Oxford and it's 4hours + with two changes. It's barely an improvement from London or Birmingham either.
The 21st century has made a fantastic job of constantly missing Mansfield, it's not just the trains.

Vale isn't too bad. Change at Brum anyway, get the slower one to Longport (stop after Stoke) and it's easily walkable.
Agree re:Mansfield.
And it does impact on away game choices. Easily do-able by train (even if more miles) may be preferable to a nearer game that is a ball-ache to get to by public transport.
It's not just the journey by train itself, but the proximity of the station to the ground too. If you manage to hit both of these (i.e. well connect train station + ground close to said station) you've nailed it as an away day. Stratfield Brake anyone?

Back
Top Bottom