General 2021/22 official kit

No chance are TikTok interested in paying for OUFC to push their platform!

It is just the club doing their best to get people signed up on their new SM platform.
They absolutely would be interested, seems a fairly cheap investment option to get hundreds of new accounts created. What do OUFC stand to gain from it over the usual Twitter video?

Derby and Leverkusen have also done exclusive kit launches on TikTok, I really think this is a commercial venture.

They absolutely would be interested, seems a fairly cheap investment option to get hundreds of new accounts created. What do OUFC stand to gain from it over the usual Twitter video?

Derby and Leverkusen have also done exclusive kit launches on TikTok, I really think this is a commercial venture.
That's a drop in the ocean compared to how many views videos get and followers people have, it goes into the millions. No chance we're involved in any form of sponsorship, just like all the other social media accounts the club's signed up for.

As to why the club are doing this, TikTok, because it's a relatively new platform that has millions of users across the globe, means you can grow fanbases and followings really easily. The algorithm - unlike Facebook, Twitter and Instagram - actively pushes good content to their users, and short video clips can easily go viral. Think back to the first days of YouTube where companies didn't understand it and normal people were able to build huge followings. If the club can capitalise and build their fanbase by launching their kits on the platform, then it'll not only attract football fans and fans of collecting football shirts, but it's also promoting a product they're selling. It totally makes sense for the club to try the platform out.

I'm not going to TikTok, my phone would probably blow up. Just tell me if it's black or white (even blue).

"Tell me you don't understand what TikTok is without telling me you don't understand what TikTok is, I'll go first"
Top reference home slice, needs more of that "oh no, oh no" song they put on every second video.

I'll see you in the penitentiary.

I struggle with Instagram so Tik Tok will be another on the "no thanks" list.

Appears to be micro-videos for people with the attention span of a gnat....... is that about right?

Makes Twitter seem like something intellectual... :D

My missus loves TikTok, and in fairness at the end of the day she'll show me a compilation of some of the best stuff she's seen on there all day, and some is absolutely brilliant.

Don't see how it will lend itself to a football club though. Someone at the club will have to fully grasp the art of delivering intriguing/impressive/exciting/amusing content in the form of video snippets lasting no more than a minute. Unless the club hires someone under the age of 18 to run the platform, it will flop worse than (ENTER FAILED OXFORD UNITED SIGNING FROM BETWEEN 2000 AND 2016 HERE).

Please tell me it won't be run by Chris Williams...

Last edited:
Haha Ah yes, I remember this! If I remember correctly we also needed to borrow one of Barnet's kits too when we played at Underhill. I think it might've even been the same season?!
I believe the Barnet situation was because their official home kit for that season was supposed to be orange, but then last minute decided to make that their away kit, and have a black home kit. Unaware of this, we took our black away kit with us, which, of course, clashed with their now black home kit. Eventually, we had to play in their orange away (originally home) kit...

o_O

My missus loves TikTok, and in fairness at the end of the day she'll show me a compilation of some of the best stuff she's seen on there all day, and some is absolutely brilliant.

Don't see how it will lend itself to a football club though. Someone at the club will have to fully grasp the art of delivering intriguing/impressive/exciting/amusing content in the form of video snippets lasting no more than a minute. Unless the club hires someone under the age of 18 to run the platform, it will flop worse than (ENTER FAILED OXFORD UNITED SIGNING FROM BETWEEN 2000 AND 2016 HERE).

Please tell me it won't be run by Chris Williams...
I checked it out earlier, and it's actually already been live for a while, but has been poorly managed. Last upload is from April, a clip of Barker's GOTS.

I really don't know if this is a soft relaunch in effect, and that it will continue to be used in the same way the other socials are.

I checked it out earlier, and it's actually already been live for a while, but has been poorly managed. Last upload is from April, a clip of Barker's GOTS.

I really don't know if this is a soft relaunch in effect, and that it will continue to be used in the same way the other socials are.

I suspect exactly that, just another platform to put the exact same videos on.

By its very nature, TikTok accounts thrive on regular (preferably daily) video content, else they vanish from your FYP ("For You Page", for the TikTok illiterate). And the content needs to be interesting enough that people who stumble accross it actually watch it through, else the algorithm will poop it out its backside.

There'll be screenshots on twitter by 10.02am.

Wonder how eye-catching the 'eye-catching' third kit we'll be wearing on Saturday is?!

Back
Top Bottom