General 2021/22 official kit

I mean really, could less effort have been made?
Every year I look forward to seeing the new kit, wishfully thinking what an amazing kit it will be this time. Most years feeling a bit disappointed with some notable exceptions eg the away kit 2 years ago.
But this offering placed before us is a bit like going to a high end restaurant and being served a Big Mac. It smacks of no one being bothered to make an effort.
Most clubs at least try to provide something different to the previous season with a heritage story or something nostalgic.
Oh no, we get a templated yellow top with the biggest feature by far being the advertising.
A big NO from me.
Perhaps the away kit will more high end? I can only wish…..

Does having a ‘known’ manufacturer really make much difference to sales at this level? I can understand the giant brands having an impact at elite level, but I doubt anybody is buying an OUFC shirt just because it’s got a Puma logo on it anymore. They’re surely buying it because it’s an OUFC shirt.

There will obviously be potential price advantages in terms of the unit cost as it’s all templated and mass produced, but surely the main priority at some point in the future has to be making a really great kit that captures people? Would people rather pay £40 for a bog standard template, or £45-50 for something completely unique?

I would love Castore but their stuff costs a pretty penny

Not a bad effort with the shirt, I prefer it to last seasons but I hope they produce an away shirt that's a bit more exciting for the kids like the white away kit from 2 seasons ago.
Thats the thing though. For the last few seasons, I instantly forget what last seasons kit looked like!

Does having a ‘known’ manufacturer really make much difference to sales at this level? I can understand the giant brands having an impact at elite level, but I doubt anybody is buying an OUFC shirt just because it’s got a Puma logo on it anymore. They’re surely buying it because it’s an OUFC shirt.

There will obviously be potential price advantages in terms of the unit cost as it’s all templated and mass produced, but surely the main priority at some point in the future has to be making a really great kit that captures people? Would people rather pay £40 for a bog standard template, or £45-50 for something completely unique?
I think I've mentioned on the new kit thread that there is a trade off with Puma that you're getting reliability (both consumer and retailer), lower costs per unit and additional items you can stock your club shop with if you go for a bigger brand. After all, we don't want another Carlotti.

I was quite zen with Puma up until this kit as we've had some decent ones in the past couple of years, but when you look at the stuff that Hummel is producing for the likes of Bristol City, Everton and Middlesbrough compared to our shirt, I'd quite like a manufacturer that gives a s**t.

Manor Leisure.

SmartSelect_20210716-214753_Chrome.jpg

What’s with there being such a big gap at the top of the shirt before the player name and number?

Having just seen the player action photos from the city game the shirts look better on than I had anticipated.
I’m wandering if there will be an announcement soon re a rear shirt sponsor for the area above the players’ name as seems empty and incomplete.

Needs a collar otherwise sleeves good length and shorts good shade of blue.

E6cZ32UXIAMgmLu

I like the kit. The logo is sparse and works well at that size. Clean aesthetics.

• React
Reactions: m
I mean really, could less effort have been made?
Every year I look forward to seeing the new kit, wishfully thinking what an amazing kit it will be this time. Most years feeling a bit disappointed with some notable exceptions eg the away kit 2 years ago.
But this offering placed before us is a bit like going to a high end restaurant and being served a Big Mac. It smacks of no one being bothered to make an effort.
Most clubs at least try to provide something different to the previous season with a heritage story or something nostalgic.
Oh no, we get a templated yellow top with the biggest feature by far being the advertising.
A big NO from me.
Perhaps the away kit will more high end? I can only wish…..
It’s a simple, classy kit that appeals to the majority, the type of kit that sells.
If they try and be ‘edgy’ and create a unique kit, they risk splitting the fan base.
This is a safe bet.

Back
Top Bottom