General 2021/22 New Kit Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orkney Islands Yellow

Thought I'd start a thread for the new kits. It's the third year of a three year deal with the current supplier and these are the templates available to clubs at the moment on the suppliers website: https://www.pumateamwear.com/product-category/jerseys/?query_type_color=or&filter_color=navy,yellow

Last season, we had the same template as so many teams but as we're not in a position to have bespoke kits done for us that'll probably happen again. I'd love an Adidas kit next time the club can change supplier.

Personally, I'd like to see a return to navy/dark Oxford blue socks and this kit as I like the button collar as something different: https://www.pumateamwear.com/product/puma-final-jersey-cyber-yellow-spectra-yellow/

However, that's £22/£30 wholesale so after branding there won't be much profit if they keep the retail price at 40 quid so probably unlikely.

As for the away kit, we've had white for a few seasons now. We've never had a green away kit so I'd like to see a British Racing Green away kit as a nod to Oxford's motor manufacturing history!

I always find it a little odd we always seem to be one of the last teams to launch their kit, my prediction this year is an unveiling in the third week of July.

I often find all these kit templates abit boring because every team that has a kit supplied by puma seems to be the same just different colour and badge I would like something different something interesting

I often find all these kit templates abit boring because every team that has a kit supplied by puma seems to be the same just different colour and badge I would like something different something interesting
You could have your wish of the new owners come in and decide to use a random Malaysian supplier. Thohir is responsible for Malaysian state owned businesses after all!

You could have your wish of the new owners come in and decide to use a random Malaysian supplier. Thohir is responsible for Malaysian state owned businesses after all!

Better chance of something interesting if that happened. The club may even get some design input.

Last edited:
The puma site is not open to exiles and leads us to the world site without carrying the search text through. Can somebody show the offerings?

Bring back the mid to late 90s shirt, 96-98 I think?
That one was very unique.

Is the 3 year deal not up? We have now had puma kits for 3 years already so would we not be looking for a new deal whether that be with Puma or another supplier? My preference would be Adidas or Umbro if they were to do us retro style kits rekindling the shirts they made for us between 85 and 89

Is the 3 year deal not up? We have now had puma kits for 3 years already so would we not be looking for a new deal whether that be with Puma or another supplier? My preference would be Adidas or Umbro if they were to do us retro style kits rekindling the shirts they made for us between 85 and 89
I thought this too, but they're not selling off all the puma stuff in the club shop so assume we must still be in contract.

TBF Puma have been pretty good. We've had a lot worse. Umbro, Macron, and Hummel are supplying better kits though.

Given that Tiger's business is in garment manufacture, I have always wondered why we didn't use him to provide more custom kits than are available from the main manufacturers? And presumably at a better price?

Good point, we have. But as has been said, the non-kit puma stuff isn't on sale so its unlikely we'll have a different supplier if that's anything to go by. Screenshot_20210606-172051_Google.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom