General 2021/22 League One Retained Lists

Jack Iredale rejects Cambridge's contract offer and will leave.
Good player so would assume his next destination is already sealed.

Bolton rumoured.

Wouldn’t surprise if we were in for him, good player

I made a mental note of a young wingback playing for a lower half club, i thought was at Crewe Accrington Shrewsbury or similar who played extremely well against us at their place...just cannot recall his name, I've looked through the retained lists etc and the names don't ring a bell. Anyone recall him

I've just checked my mail and my application to join our recruitment team says return to sender, harsh but fair :unsure:

I made a mental note of a young wingback playing for a lower half club, i thought was at Crewe Accrington Shrewsbury or similar who played extremely well against us at their place...just cannot recall his name, I've looked through the retained lists etc and the names don't ring a bell. Anyone recall him

I've just checked my mail and my application to join our recruitment team says return to sender, harsh but fair :unsure:
Mitch Clark?

Lack of Sykes interesting - still in negotiations or just undeserving of a mention?

I wish ME and LCP all the best, and hope they go on to have good careers.

Hanson has been abysmal from Day 1, and Sam Winnall isn’t good enough at this level, and long over the hill.

If Elechi couldn’t play at left back this season then he was never going to get a game. Hanson has never worked out and will go down as one of our worst signings taking into account what we spent on him. Winnall is nowhere near the player he was and is hopefully the last of the Mackie type projects who never work out.
Only LCP is slightly surprising considering where he was a year ago, never pushed on though and other younger players have made inroads I suppose.

Winnall is nowhere near the player he was and is hopefully the last of the Mackie type projects who never work out.
Not quite sure about this. Quality players 'on their way down [to be blunt]' are clearly a possible source of strength. Totally agree that Winnall has not been good enough, but what about Bodin, or perhaps Sam Baldock? I think this season we have, at times, lacked experience and leadership.

Back
Top Bottom