General 2021/22 League One Retained Lists

captainox

All clubs should have submitted to the EFL by 21st May, though there is no requirement to make it public. EFL publishes a document by the 11th June containing all 72 clubs and includes details on scholars etc.

I make it that the majority of clubs have made a list public - those who haven't are:

Championship - Derby County & Nottingham Forest

I'll go through and fill in the vast list of missing positions over the rest of the week. Focus was on getting player names on the lists.

Last edited:
Guess who's back, back again. As has become the norm in recent seasons, I aim to keep track of all the retained lists announced in each league to give an overview of players who have been released and are therefore available as free agents, as well as players who are transfer listed.

Updates
2nd May - Morecambe have wasted no time in announcing their retained list and it's clear they're going to have a big squad churn.

Morecambe
Out of Contract - No Terms Offered: Rhys Bennett, Toumani Diagouraga, Greg Leigh, Jacob Mensah, Freddie Price.
Transfer Listed: Jonah Ayunga, Ryan Cooney, Ryan Delaney, Courtney Duffus, Wes McDonald, Ryan McLaughlin, Shane McLoughlin, Anthony O’Connor, Jon Obika, Connor Pye.
Out of Contract - New Terms Offered: Arthur Gnahoua, Adam Smith, Aaron Wildig.
Contracted: Dylan Connolly, Ousmane Fane, Liam Gibson, Cole Stockton, Andre Da Silva Mendes (Option Triggered).

That is quite a cull!

Transfer Listed: Jon Obika

Looking for a big striker who offers an alternative to Taylor?

Experience of League 1?!

Knows the club already and will fit straight in?!!

giphy.gif

Wasn't Aaron Pierre quite a highly rated CB a few years ago, someone we were saying to look at when at Northampton?

Started the season but looks like he was dropped after we beat them 2-0 in mid-October.
Yeah has been mostly playing in a back three, which I think we will be recruiting for this summer. Not sure he will be one we are considering

Yeah has been mostly playing in a back three, which I think we will be recruiting for this summer. Not sure he will be one we are considering
No, certainly not any more if not good enough for Salop.

Neil Harris has said that Gillingham have only 7 players contracted for next season, and that all 7 won't be at the club by choice. Thats a proper clear out. His interview after the game on Saturday held very little back.

Shame to see Josh Daniels in the Shrewsbury released list
Tidy little Northern Irish winger, but as with Joel Cooper has found the step up difficult.

Some interesting lists. I guess to have a full picture of the change from this season you'd have to list those who had now returned to their parent clubs?

That aside, Plymouth look as if they have decided to stick rather than twist and Morecambe exactly the opposite!

Back
Top Bottom