Matches 2020-21 ST renewals

Wycombe supporters not at all happy with 40% price increases looks like their crowds will be smaller than ever
Wow - that’s about 30% more than my ST and they have to watch hoofball.

Don’t, I’m already worried about what he’ll say when he finds out no-one uses cash any more ?

'they' do y'know ;)

cash is still my preferred way of conducting transactions ...( enquiring ' how much if I pay in cash?' frequently and often results in a discount or reduction, they all add up :sneaky:)

amongst other changes Ive tentatively made during lockdown, I now have the ability, capability & bank card ( debit, I think? ) to carry out transactions electronically, ......should I choose to...., or if there's no cash option :)

It always amuses how us 1893 club season ticket holders are left out of the normal renewal process. We've been informed that we have to wait until after the play offs before being able to renew our tickets and deal with any refund process. Not fussed by a refund or credit as we will stand by our decision to leave the money within the club. Anyway, assuming that we will get promoted and that 1893 prices are also frozen, we will doing very well in comparison to other clubs.

Quite a leap of faith by the club to freeze prices and very welcome. Further proof that the finances of the club are being managed with investment by the board (and others - Eric Thohir)

And, well done @Sarge for leaving the Luddite faith and joining the 21st century! ? ?
Just checked my wallet and the same £25.00 cash has been there now for the last 3 months! Nowhere to spend it.

It always amuses how us 1893 club season ticket holders are left out of the normal renewal process. We've been informed that we have to wait until after the play offs before being able to renew our tickets and deal with any refund process. Not fussed by a refund or credit as we will stand by our decision to leave the money within the club. Anyway, assuming that we will get promoted and that 1893 prices are also frozen, we will doing very well in comparison to other clubs.

Quite a leap of faith by the club to freeze prices and very welcome. Further proof that the finances of the club are being managed with investment by the board (and others - Eric Thohir)

And, well done @Sarge for leaving the Luddite faith and joining the 21st century! ? ?
Just checked my wallet and the same £25.00 cash has been there now for the last 3 months! Nowhere to spend it.

send it me ... I'll spend it ;)

Different parts of the stadium being different prices is a structure that falls down in the current scenario, where everyone could be stuck at home watching the same thing, having paid over £100 more than someone else for the same service. You would hope to see some sort of basic plan for what happens in a limited capacity scenario in advance of purchase also. Will the more expensive seats be prioritised? If not then how will that be fair? Will someone who is paying £450 odd for their ST versus £300 then have to potentially not be allowed to attend, after already paying way more for the same streams than those who apparently can? What’s the basic framework for this?

I want to give the club my money but I also want a really basic idea of what I’m paying for and why.

Different parts of the stadium being different prices is a structure that falls down in the current scenario, where everyone could be stuck at home watching the same thing, having paid over £100 more than someone else for the same service. You would hope to see some sort of basic plan for what happens in a limited capacity scenario in advance of purchase also. Will the more expensive seats be prioritised? If not then how will that be fair? Will someone who is paying £450 odd for their ST versus £300 then have to potentially not be allowed to attend, after already paying way more for the same streams than those who apparently can? What’s the basic framework for this?

I want to give the club my money but I also want a really basic idea of what I’m paying for and why.
Will there be biscuits in the lounge? That's the most important factor here.

Perhaps the 1893 club tickets could come with a packet of digestives for home use? Joking aside, you raise a good point but I don't see why those spending more ££s should get to go back first above the plebs - Boris and Jacob would of course support the posh seats first stance! #eliteenjoymentmatters

Perhaps the 1893 club tickets could come with a packet of digestives for home use? Joking aside, you raise a good point but I don't see why those spending more ££s should get to go back first above the plebs - Boris and Jacob would of course support the posh seats first stance! #eliteenjoymentmatters
Then why should they pay more at all? Pricing structures in the stadium are based on what are deemed to be the ‘best’ views to begin with. Higher prices for ‘better’ seats. Same as VIP seats in a cinema or Business Class on a flight. You pay more to get more. It isn’t unfair that they have a better experience and preferential treatment to those in economy. They’ve paid for it.

The system is flawed in this scenario. What’s the premium price being paid for if everybody gets the same stream, the same experience, and paying more doesn’t even guarantee you first dibs on being allowed to return? Why would someone pay £390, or £440, or £470, or more still, when paying £299 gets you the same and possibly even more benefits and preference?

Surely it wouldn't be too hard to post a hot dinner on matchday to everyone who normally has an executive box?

Then why should they pay more at all? Pricing structures in the stadium are based on what are deemed to be the ‘best’ views to begin with. Higher prices for ‘better’ seats. Same as VIP seats in a cinema or Business Class on a flight. You pay more to get more. It isn’t unfair that they have a better experience and preferential treatment to those in economy. They’ve paid for it.

The system is flawed in this scenario. What’s the premium price being paid for if everybody gets the same stream, the same experience, and paying more doesn’t even guarantee you first dibs on being allowed to return? Why would someone pay £390, or £440, or £470, or more still, when paying £299 gets you the same and possibly even more benefits and preference?

Not every scenario works like that though - I'm fortunate enough to pay more tax than the vast majority of people in this country and I get less benefit out of the system than most given that I take nothing from the state in terms of benefits - so why should I pay more tax than others? Cue lengthy political debate from Gary Baldi and QR/Yellowtaxi!

I take your point re the more ££s should equal a better experience but can you imagine the meltdown on here if East Stand ST holders weren't allowed to return and SSU ST holders were given preference if there is a limited stadium capacity and some of them had to sit in the East Stand seats to enable acceptable social distancing?

Given the ratio of our stadium size to ST holders, we should actually be in good shape. I reckon there will be c.3,000 STs sold given current economic uncertainty and also some individuals' nervousness about crowds and health, if we are allowed to 'ban' away fans for a while for C19 reasons and to enable entry only to home ST holders for a period, then 3,000 should be manageable in the three stands particularly if households can sit together.

I hope the club has canvassed/will canvass views on a return strategy from fans. If demand does outstrip capacity, then I would be in favour of a rota system whereby each ST holder can attend a % of the games based on the available seat capacity to ST holders ratio.

Biscuits delivery for those who need them will be available at extra cost along with match day programme along with a cd containing a selection of match day comments, eg we should have never let midson go

Yep - from the OWS:

To assist with your purchasing process we have put together a guide of how to make your Season Ticket purchase online, including information for supporters who wish to spread their payment over four or ten months with V12 Finance instalment plans. The full instructions can be found by clicking here

Thanks and to ESB. Renewed and fingers crossed for the months ahead.

Not every scenario works like that though - I'm fortunate enough to pay more tax than the vast majority of people in this country and I get less benefit out of the system than most given that I take nothing from the state in terms of benefits - so why should I pay more tax than others? Cue lengthy political debate from Gary Baldi and QR/Yellowtaxi!
You pay more tax on your earnings. You don’t pay more for the same packet of corn flakes as others. Totally different.

Merely felt it a question worth asking. I would simply like an answer to know there’s a plan.

You pay more tax on your earnings. You don’t pay more for the same packet of corn flakes as others. Totally different.

Merely felt it a question worth asking. I would simply like an answer to know there’s a plan.
What would you suggest?

I would have hoped that this information would have been included, as it would clarify a great deal , as things stand at the moment we are purchasing a season ticket in the hope that some form of football can be seen either via I follow or in the flesh, as I am regarded as vulnerable and shielded, it’s going to take a huge leap of faith on my part to return to live matches ,

Indeed.. but for the benefit of the clubs survival, I am currently working on the basis of buy now and worry about some of these questions later, when things are clearer.

What would you suggest?
Anything basic would be an improvement.

- The earlier you renew regardless of price point, the higher your priority in the event of reduced capacity.

- A random lottery with a proportionate split between pricing zones based on number of ST’s versus permitted capacity.

Literally anything other than “we haven’t thought about it yet, just sign up and pay and we’ll worry about it later.” I fully understand it’s a difficult and unprecedented situation, but it would be good to at least know what we’re signing up for, even if all that’s offered is a game of chance. At least you’re knowingly signing up on those terms. I don’t think that’s unreasonable.

Not trying to bash the club, I am pretty sure I will renew in the days ahead anyway, I just think some absolutely basic clarity besides a shoulder shrug would’ve been good.

Back
Top Bottom