General 2020/21 New Kit

Lost count of the amount of times I have walked out of the club shop empty handed due to the poor choice.

No interesting clever designs, I would treble our sales given the chance..

Interesting? We don't even have the basics! Where is the training wear? I want the green top the keepers wear. Heck, I might even buy a short sleeved keeper shirt - if they were available.

Lots to love about our club but our retail division is P**s poor. Massive shame.

Interesting? We don't even have the basics! Where is the training wear? I want the green top the keepers wear. Heck, I might even buy a short sleeved keeper shirt - if they were available.

Lots to love about our club but our retail division is P**s poor. Massive shame.

Correct, I am not being negative but it's s**t...

Lost count of the amount of times I have walked out of the club shop empty handed due to the poor choice.

No interesting clever designs, I would treble our sales given the chance..

I think you need to be more aggressive in your pitch to the club, given the circumstances.

Get back in touch with the club (I am assuming you have tried previously) and get that meeting. Present your ideas and get something sorted ?.

I was rather hoping the third kit would be very off the wall, so TBH I'm a bit meh about that.

Yep was thinking the same.

Appreciate we are probably tied in to a standard Puma template kick deal but was hoping for a bit of imagination with this 3rd kit. Even thought maybe they’d do something with the colours of Thailand ??. With our new sponsors and links etc thought that might be worth a try, get some overseas sales / generate a bit of coverage etc..

However we have been spoilt with some really decent kits over the last couple of seasons, so the bar has been set high..

I think you need to be more aggressive in your pitch to the club, given the circumstances.

Get back in touch with the club (I am assuming you have tried previously) and get that meeting. Present your ideas and get something sorted ?.

The only idea of mine they took on board was the OUFC/HUFC scarf..

The white kit is better than that orange thing!

One thing that really winds me up but really shouldn't is wearing away kits when not necessary! Like today, absolutely no issue wearing the famous yellow and no need to change.

One thing that really winds me up but really shouldn't is wearing away kits when not necessary! Like today, absolutely no issue wearing the famous yellow and no need to change.
Marketing isn't it? Got to sometimes wear the shirt punters have bought, even when its not needed.

We also did well in the away kit last season so maybe it's a chance for a new start. I'll happily see them playing in clown suits if we get a win today!!

We also did well in the away kit last season so maybe it's a chance for a new start. I'll happily see them playing in clown suits if we get a win today!!

I hope those playing in clown suits are roundly beaten at home to Burton today.

Whereas last weekend at Sunderland we wore the home kit [emoji2371]

So now we’ll have worn the home kit - home and away, and the third kit - away, but not the second kit at all. Go figure.

Whereas last weekend at Sunderland we wore the home kit [emoji2371]

So now we’ll have worn the home kit - home and away, and the third kit - away, but not the second kit at all. Go figure.

Not entirely correct. Sunderland was a home game.
  • We have played 4 homes - wearing the home kit.
  • We have played 2 away games - 1 all yellow, 1 white.
I would expect to see the away and third kits to be worn for the majority of our away fixtures.
  • Orange against teams in Blue.
  • White against teams in all-red, gold or yellow.
  • Either Yellow/Navy or White/Navy against teams wearing Red/White

new training wear sponsor is Chaokoh, a coconut milk producer.

Pinned tweet to announce they do not use monkeys to pick the coconuts.
Presumably they would only employ monkeys if they wanted to harvest peanuts. A lifetime of labour negotiating taught me that, you pay peanuts you get monkey's. Not sure that would be PC these days though.

new training wear sponsor is Chaokoh, a coconut milk producer.

Pinned tweet to announce they do not use monkeys to pick the coconuts.
And do you believe that? Liverpool wouldn't end their sponsorship and shops wouldn't pull products off shelves if there wasn't some truth involved in it. Realistically at best it's only been stopped relatively recently. Really disappointed the club has decided to sign this deal.

And do you believe that? Liverpool wouldn't end their sponsorship and shops wouldn't pull products off shelves if there wasn't some truth involved in it. Realistically at best it's only been stopped relatively recently. Really disappointed the club has decided to sign this deal.
Yes they would because it would be a purely business decision rather than an ethical decision for businesses that can pick and choose who they work with.

Back
Top Bottom