General 2020/21 New Kit

It would do me as a home kit too! I sent this 1980's inspired design to the club last July. It isn't beyond the realms of possibilty something like this could feature next season? Especially with Plymouths pinstrip strip, as Puma do tend to use the same templates for pro clubs. It would be a nice tribute to the passing of Jim Smith too.

View attachment 3931

navy instead of royal blue though :sneaky:

navy instead of royal blue though :sneaky:

I quite like that shade of blue, it's something different and means it won't look similar to the 2016/17 kit. It also means we don't have to swap the shorts out every time we play a side with a dark kit.

It would do me as a home kit too! I sent this 1980's inspired design to the club last July. It isn't beyond the realms of possibilty something like this could feature next season? Especially with Plymouths pinstrip strip, as Puma do tend to use the same templates for pro clubs. It would be a nice tribute to the passing of Jim Smith too.

View attachment 3931
That Plymouth template in yellow with blue trim and pinstripes would do for me ?

View attachment 3931

This kit looks class.

View attachment 3931
I like that I think it looks quite classy and abit different to what we usually have

View attachment 3931

Yep, I would be happy with that. The reason I said away rather than home is because we had a home pinstripe a few years ago.

Nice concept though, good job.

Does anyone know whether this season's kits were bespoke or off-the-peg? Because I'm inclined to think the club are going to use a template design, but I can't remember whether our current ones are.

The pinstripe home kit was in 1988 when my daughter was mascot, came with navy blue shorts with a yellow stripe and navy blue socks. Wasnt too keen on it at the time, looked more like a deckchair. That day October 1988 we beat Shrewsbury 4-1. Colin Greenhall was captain, Dean Saunders also played for us that day.

Does anyone know whether this season's kits were bespoke or off-the-peg? Because I'm inclined to think the club are going to use a template design, but I can't remember whether our current ones are.
Home was a template, I remember it being similar to Plymouth and other Puma teams when all the releases were happening.

Away seems fairly bespoke, in that I can't remember anyone else having the diagonal stripe in two colours this year.

Agree. I’m no marketing expert, but surely the best time to launch a new kit is in a Wembley final, as a pose to a pre season friendly with Eastleigh (no disrespect)

Why is the term 'template' always used on here when referring to kits, surely the word 'pattern' is more widely used in the clothing industry

Why is the term 'template' always used on here when referring to kits, surely the word 'pattern' is more widely used in the clothing industry
I thought the term pattern in clothing usually relates to the actual physical clothing shape opposed to the colouring/design. So a shirt might be made up of a pattern for the sleeves and sections for the body but effectively they are sleeve and body shapes made out of paper that you use as a guide when cutting and sewing your fabric together.

My wife is a clothes pattern-cutter by trade. That means creating the master shapes to be cut out of the fabric (as economically as possible while keeping in mind the direction of the weave). Those are the patterns. You could make a garment up in different fabrics or different colourways using the same pattern.
But I think templates is actually a good word for these 'off the shelf' strips. You can have the same design (pattern parts), in the same fabric, but change just the colors - and a limited range of them at that.

Back
Top Bottom