General 2019/20 First Team Squad

No excuses for KR now. If we dont get top 6 he will be under a lot of pressure the board have backed him and this is the best side we've had since the promotion squad easily.

Eastwood
Cadden Dickie Moore Ruffels
Thorne Brannagan
Baptiste Woodburn Fosu
Taylor

Stevens Hanson Mousinho Gorrin Forde Henry Mackie Agyei Sykes Hall Long. Now that is some quality depth.

Anyone going to try and tell me when everyone is fit that isn't one of/the best side in the league.

Last edited:
No excuses for KR now. If we dont get top 6 he will be under a lot of pressure the board have backed him and this is the best side we've had since the promotion squad easily.

Eastwood
Thorne Brannagan
Henry Baptiste Fosu
Taylor

Stevens Hanson Mousinho Gorrin Forde Mackie Agyei Sykes Hall Long. Now that is some quality depth.

Anyone going to try and tell me when everyone is fit that isn't one of/the best side in the league.

It kinds of illustrates the embarrassment of riches we're now facing - but you forgot Woodburn in your list!

[and McMahon, but I imagine we're trying to transfer/loan him out before the end of the month]

I'm sure we'll face some injuries that lighten the squad a little - but right now, I'd back our Second Team to beat any of Pep's League One sides!

It kinds of illustrates the embarrassment of riches we're now facing - but you forgot Woodburn in your list!

[and McMahon, but I imagine we're trying to transfer/loan him out before the end of the month]

I'm sure we'll face some injuries that lighten the squad a little - but right now, I'd back our Second Team to beat any of Pep's League One sides!
Yes I just realised I forgot Woodburn. We have a stacked squad. Says a lot that when everyone's fit the top scorer for last 2 seasons James Henry doesn't make the side.

We will hopefully see this line up:

Eastwood
Cadden, Dickie, Moore, Ruffles
Brannagan, Gorrin,
Agyei, Woodburn, Fosu
Taylor​

Bench:
Stevens, Long, Forde, Thorne, Baptiste, Hall, Mackie

That is some bench let alone starting 11!

We will hopefully see this line up:

Eastwood
Cadden, Dickie, Moore, Ruffles
Brannagan, Gorrin,
Agyei, Woodburn, Fosu
Taylor​

Bench:
Stevens, Long, Forde, Thorne, Baptiste, Hall, Mackie

That is some bench let alone starting 11!
I'd put Sykes, Henry or Mous in the squad in place of Hall and Forde.

Please could someone put up the new complete first team squad. Also might as well include Mcleary as sounds a done deal. I only ask as there are people that currently have it on spreadsheet.
Many Thanks.
Done now I think

4-2-3-1:
Eastwood
Brannagan Gorrin
Henry Woodburn Fosu
Taylor

SUBS: Agyei, Mackie, Forde, Sykes, Thorne, Baptiste, Hall, Mous, Long, Stevens

4-3-3:
Eastwood
Brannagan Gorrin Baptiste
Henry Taylor Fosu

SUBS: Agyei, Mackie, Woodburn, Forde, Sykes, Hall, Thorne, Mous, Long, Stevens

4-4-2:
Eatwood
Woodburn Brannagan Gorrin Fosu
Henry Taylor

SUBS: Agyei, Mackie, Forde, Sykes, Hall, Baptiste, Thorne, Mous, Long, Stevens

Thats three amazing match day squads for each formation, and only 7 of those subs can be named from the excellent 10 available, with one more addition, hopefully McCleary, still to come!

Robbo's gonna have some serious selection headaches!

This really has been an incredible transfer window, and a big thank you to Robbo, Tiger and the board for building one of the best squads, if not THE best squad in league one, and putting us in an excellent position to make a genuine push for promotion to the Championship.

So excited to see what this squad is capable of, and can't wait for tomorrow night!!

COYY

Might be unpopular but with the current squad and when Agyei is up to speed then Henry won’t start. Robinson builds his attacks on pace and Agyei gives us that.
I also think once Woodburn gets 1 then he won’t stop scoring.
I'm really looking forward to seeing Agyei, and I agree, Woodburn looks like he's going to be a great signing who will score and create a lot of goals, however, at the moment we're playing some fantastic football, and Henry has been integral to that, so as long as he keeps performing to that standard, I can't see him being dropped.

However, if he loses form, then there are players on the bench ready to replace him, but that goes for any player in the first team, we've got a depth to the squad now of genuine quality throughout, and any player who doesn't perform will be in danger of losing their place, and may not get back in the side, but thats the exact kind of competition for places that we have wanted and needed for a long time, and hopefully thats what will push every player to perform to the best of their abilities in training and in matches, along with Robbo being able to rotate the squad more, to keep everyone fresh, which is going to make us a really formidable force this season, and every player in the squad is going to play a huge part in that, weather they're starting or coming off the bench.

These really are exciting times!

All these possible combinations and players waiting in the wings gives me the feeling that we are set up as a Premiershit club practising for the Championship!

The journey has begun.

eastwood,
cadden,
dickie,
moore,
ruffels,
fosu,
brannagan,
gorrin,
woodburn,
taylor,
agyei

henrys far to lightweight fairplay hes grabbed his fair share of goals, everything he seems to do is a bit half hearted we didn't have any better options last year great sub to bring on. Id go with agyei and taylor uptop the young lad looks a real talent could be a great partnership goals galore!!!!!!! :)

For me, if everyone was fit and firing:

Eastwood
Thorne
Brannigan Baptiste
Agyei Taylor Fosu

Or

Eastwood
Thorne
Brannigan Baptiste
Woodburn
Taylor Agyei
No place for Henry in a fully fit and in form first 11 for me, and definitely not as a striker!

Eastwood
Thorne
Brannigan Baptiste
Agyei Taylor Fosu

Or

Eastwood
Thorne
Brannigan Baptiste
Woodburn
Taylor Agyei
No place for Henry in a fully fit and in form first 11 for me, and definitely not as a striker!

Have you ever seen Agyei play?

I haven't a clue what he is like, other than Youtube clips and we all know how misleading they can be. I will wait to I actually see him actually play before judging what he is like although on paper he appears a very interesting signing. Henry has scored double figures for us 2 seasons running and been key in keeping us in L1, so until Agyei proves he is better, Henry is ahead for me by quite a way. Individual games based on the opposition will be relevant for pace etc but Henry is the starter ahead of Agyei.

I also hope we aren't building Agyei up beyond where he actually is currently at and so creating unreasonable expectations for him.

Eastwood
Thorne
Brannigan Baptiste
Agyei Taylor Fosu

Or

Eastwood
Thorne
Brannigan Baptiste
Woodburn
Taylor Agyei

I love the look of that side pace, creativity & goals

Have you ever seen Agyei play?

I haven't a clue what he is like, other than Youtube clips and we all know how misleading they can be. I will wait to I actually see him actually play before judging what he is like although on paper he appears a very interesting signing. Henry has scored double figures for us 2 seasons running and been key in keeping us in L1, so until Agyei proves he is better, Henry is ahead for me by quite a way. Individual games based on the opposition will be relevant for pace etc but Henry is the starter ahead of Agyei.

I also hope we aren't building Agyei up beyond where he actually is currently at and so creating unreasonable expectations for him.

Of course, but I haven’t personally really seen Moore, Taylor or Thorne play either, I’m just going by the qualities these players seem to possess. If the likes of Henry and Mousinho keep their game to a high standard then yes they will play, and also you’re right the new players may not come good.

Hopefully Agyei will be a big hit and I think Moore will be brought in soon, so with that in mind here is my team:

Eastwood
Cadden Dickie Moore Ruffles
Gorrin Branagan
Agyei Woodburn Fosu
Taylor​

Bench: Henry, Baptiste, Sykes, Mous, Forde, Hall, Mackie. (no backup keeper, Hanson, Long, Thorne??)

First Eleven vs Second Eleven:
Eastwood
Cadden Dickie Moore Ruffles
Gorrin Branagan
Agyei Woodburn Fosu
Taylor

Mackie
Hall Henry Forde
Thorne Baptiste (or Sykes!!)
Berkoe Mous Long Hanson
Stevens​
Only down side is that Jones, Lopez, Spasov etc are going to have to wait a while for a chance.

Wow, really hard to leave decent players out.

Back
Top Bottom