General 2019/20 First Team Squad

Im sure youngsters have left (johnson-fikula, Little, Noel-williams, Bradbury) with Heap/McReadie offered pro deals.... @mooro is normally decent at correcting me on these things!

View attachment 1357

Im sure youngsters have left (johnson-fikula, Little, Noel-williams, Bradbury) with Heap/McReadie offered pro deals.... @mooro is normally decent at correcting me on these things!

Those youngsters you've mentioned have been told they won't be offered a deal and I think Taverner, Clayton, Matt Taylor and Albie Hopkins have likewise been told the same. Also Freddie Niblett hasn't been offered a deal.

Small point: It is McCreadie.

Those youngsters you've mentioned have been told they won't be offered a deal and I think Taverner, Clayton, Matt Taylor and Albie Hopkins have likewise been told the same. Also Freddie Niblett hasn't been offered a deal.

Small point: It is McCreadie.

Cheers! Will ammend

Cowan went in February, SJF and Rev James went earlier
Hopkins, GNW, MBH, TAverner, BRadbury were announced as leaving in MArch
Clayton, Little, M Taylor, announced as leaving this month.

Heap and Crooks have new deals to Jan 2020,
McCreadie, Lofthouse and Owen James have deals to Summer 2020
Elechi, Spasov and Lopes still technically have another year in the U18s, but have already been given pro deals to that date.

The three I am not sure about are McDonnell (due to graduate from scholars this summer), Tsun Dai and Agboola

McCreadie, Crooks, Lofthouse and Owen James will be U23s anyway , as they graduate from the scholars this summer.

Nelson and Hall offered new deals. I don't think it'll be any surprise if Curtis turns his down.

I'd expect the retained list to be announced not long after the final game of the season, as I think KR already has a good idea of who'll stay and who will go.

Today's article in the Ox Mail about "clearing the decks" mentions 16 senior players and half a dozen youngsters being in the squad for next season. Based on the list on page 1 (which includes 21 players), I assume Nico Jones is the additional youngster that is being considered in the first team squad.

Last edited:

Building on the work of @Robie and @Shosho, I have compiled a list of all players that I believe are currently under contract with the club. I suspect there are a few errors and the odd player missing, so let me know if you spot one and I will correct.

I can't find any details on the length of Nico Jones' professional deal, nor a link to confirm Owen James' contract runs to Jun 2020. Also, does anyone know what happened to Manny Agboola, Max Harris, or Harry McDonnell, as all three are out of contract next month/end of scholarship?

It was mentioned on another thread that Manny Agboola has tweeted that he has left the club ("New beginnings come preseason. Looking forward to a new journey !")...

Last edited:
View attachment 1483

Building on the work of @Robie and @Shosho, I have compiled a list of all players that I believe are currently under contract with the club. I suspect there are a few errors and the odd player missing, so let me know if you spot one and I will correct.

I can't find any details on the length of Nico Jones' professional deal, nor a link to confirm Owen James' contract runs to Jun 2020. Also, does anyone know what happened to Manny Agboola, Max Harris, or Harry McDonnell, as all three are out of contract next month/end of scholarship?

Great work! I think Jones is in negotiation over a contract

Looked pretty close to being done when he made his debut:

Hi, Good stuff

Nico Jones I dont think has a pro deal yet, so remains a scholar due to graduate in 2020.
Owen James signed quite a while ago, but was up to summer 2020
Manny Agboola - no detail ever seemed to emerge as to how he was still here last season, but as others have said appears to be off anyway
Max Harris I have down as having another year in the scholars before graduating in 2020
Jack STevens - I have it tha this option has just been triggered so contract will expire next summer
Heap - has today signed an extension to January 2020
As for HArry McDonnell - no idea

Hi, Good stuff

Nico Jones I dont think has a pro deal yet, so remains a scholar due to graduate in 2020.
Owen James signed quite a while ago, but was up to summer 2020
Manny Agboola - no detail ever seemed to emerge as to how he was still here last season, but as others have said appears to be off anyway
Max Harris I have down as having another year in the scholars before graduating in 2020
Jack STevens - I have it tha this option has just been triggered so contract will expire next summer
Heap - has today signed an extension to January 2020
As for HArry McDonnell - no idea
Talking of Nico Jones I remember after the Doncaster game my grandson wanted some autographs and photos and we were waiting for players to come out Baptiste, Napa and Sinclair came out Henry, Dickie, Brannagan and Whyte came out of the revolving door and Nico came out of the reception door and the embarrassment of a couple of mature fans running over and asking Marcus for an autograph.

Back
Top Bottom