General 2019/20 First Team Squad

Robie

I will try and keep this up to date with signings, contract extensions and releases.

Goalkeepers
Simon Eastwood - May 2021
Jack Stevens - June 2020
out - Scott Shearer

Defenders
Elliott Moore - July 2022
Chris Cadden - Season loan
Robert Dickie - June 2021
Sam Long - June 2020
Tony McMahon - June 2020
Josh Ruffels - June 2020 + 1 year option
Jamie Hanson - June 2022
Mousinho - June 2020
out - Fiacre Kelleher
out - Nelson - Offered new Contract
out - Garbutt
out - Raglan > Cheltenham Town

Midfield
Alex Rodriguez Gorrin June 2021 + 1 year option
Tarique Fosu - June 2022
Anthony Forde - June 2021
George Thorne - Loan to January
James Henry - June 2020
Cameron Brannagan - June 2021
Mark Sykes - June 2021
Rob Hall - June 2020 + 1 year option
Shandon Baptiste - June 2023
Aaron Heap - October 2019?
Slavi Spasov - June 2021 + 1 year option
Wai-Tsun Dai - June 2020
Malachi Napa - June 2021
Kyran Lofthouse - June 2020
out - Gavin Whyte
out - Ahmed Kashi
out - Jordan Graham
out - Samir Carruthers
out - Marcus Browne

Forwards
Dan Agyei - June 2022
Ben Woodburne - Season Loan
Matty Taylor - Season Loan

Jamie Mackie - June 2020
Fabio Lopes - June 2021
Owen James - June 2020
out - Jerome Sinclair
out - Jonathan Obika
out - Jonte Smith

Last edited:
Haven't Mousinho and James got longer from memory?
Worrying about Dickie. We don't want another Nelson situation.

I will try and keep this up to date with signings, contract extensions and releases.

Goalkeepers
Simon Eastwood - May 2021
out? - Jack Stevens - June 2019 Option of a 1 year contract extension
out - Scott Shearer

Defenders
Robert Dickie - June 2020
Sam Long - June 2020
Tony McMahon - June 2020
Josh Ruffels - June 2020 + 1 year option
Jamie Hanson - June 2022
out? - Mousinho - June 2019 Option of a 1 year contract extension
out? - Fiacre Kelleher - June 2019 Option of a 1 year contract extension
out - Nelson
out - Garbutt
out - Raglan

Midfield
James Henry - June 2020
Cameron Brannagan - June 2021
Mark Sykes - June 2021
Gavin Whyte - June 2021
Shandon Baptiste - June 2023
Aaron Heap - October 2019?
Slavi Spasov - June 2021 + 1 year option
Wai-Tsun Dai - June 2020
out - Ahmed Kashi
out - Jordan Graham
out - Rob Hall
out - Samir Carruthers
out - Marcus Browne

out - Malachi Napa

Forwards
Jamie Mackie - June 2020
Kyran Lofthouse - June 2020
Fabio Lopes - June 2021
out? - Owen James
out - Jerome Sinclair
out - Jonathan Obika
out - Jonte Smith

Kyran Lofthouse isn't a forward. He's a fullback/wide midfielder from what I've seen.

I couldn't tell you how long (I have a memory of 2 & half year deal when he turned 17) but I'm reasonably certain Owen James is under contract for next season.

Ffs here we go again.... I wish KR could try to learn to calm down this time of year. Just tell us if and when a deal is complete.

I suppose at least we now know he can get a bit carried away so hopefully most will be sensible enough to take his statements with a large pinch of salt.

Last edited:
Ffs here we go again.... I wish KR could try to learn to calm down this time of year. Just tell us if and when a deal is complete.

I suppose at least we now know he can get a bit carried away so hopefully most will be sensible enough to take his statements with a large pinch of salt.

The difficulty is that when it was mentioned about budgets being trimmed, we had some on here saying that it was clear that we couldn't afford any of those currently on loan and critising the club for not acting sooner to agree deals. Then Robinson says that he would like to extend many of the deals and discussions are ongoing, and this is also questioned. The reality is that we will be talking to dozens of players between now and August, but realsitically only sign around half a dozen. That's the way with transfer windows and as frustrating a sit is it at least creates a few hundred pages on here and keeps Bazzer's blood pressure up!!!

One person KR doesn't mention is Jordan Graham.
I assume that he will not be eith us next season.

The difficulty is that when it was mentioned about budgets being trimmed, we had some on here saying that it was clear that we couldn't afford any of those currently on loan and critising the club for not acting sooner to agree deals. Then Robinson says that he would like to extend many of the deals and discussions are ongoing, and this is also questioned. The reality is that we will be talking to dozens of players between now and August, but realsitically only sign around half a dozen. That's the way with transfer windows and as frustrating a sit is it at least creates a few hundred pages on here and keeps Bazzer's blood pressure up!!!
I agree. I just wish Robinson was a bit more reserved and guarded leading up to transfer windows. Don’t get me wrong, I’m another who’s opinion of him has altered over the last couple of months. The turn around in form can’t be ignored and I’m willing to give him slack but jeez he can be like a kid looking forward to Christmas in the build up to transfer windows, and struggles to contain himself. We want him to learn from previous mistakes but this indicates that he hasn’t, it’s just his personality I guess. He must be an interviewer’s dream, just hold a mic under his nose and let him go ? I don’t think statements along the lines of ‘I think we can get Browne on a permanent, West Ham night have a different view but I think we could afford him’ (paraphrase) are too helpful, whatever people opinions are regarding Browne as a player, the fact Robinson is making big hints that we could afford him might not be completely accurate and just heaps unnecessary pressure on the club.

I think there is a danger that we attribute too much significance to what KR says in the press. To take Browne as an example, it can be no surprise to Browne, West Ham or Browne's agent that we are interested, that he is likely to be outside our price range, but Oxford may be prepared to push the boat out. So I'm not sure what harm (or good, for that matter) saying it in public does.

The press are desperate for cheap material to fill their pages. So there is almost free access for those who want to put a story out there. We have all seen the stories along the lines of 'last minute interest from clubs higher up the pyramid' placed by agents to jack up the fees that the player (and the agent) can attract. I think what we can hope for is cool heads, an unwillingness to be rushed or panicked, and be grateful for the opportunity to offer L1 football next year. If, as several have suggested, there is a strong team ethic in the dressing room, then I would imagine that this counts for something with players as well.

One person KR doesn't mention is Jordan Graham.
I assume that he will not be eith us next season.
maybe deals already done and waiting for right time to announce it (said with fingers firmly crossed)

Robinson, please, if you have a player in mind.... keep quiet until the said player has signed a contract.
Do not give clues, do not give hints, just the your mouth shut.

maybe deals already done and waiting for right time to announce it (said with fingers firmly crossed)
Absolutely love that optimism! haha. He is far too good for us but I would be over the proverbial if he signed for us; even on loan for the season.

Absolutely love that optimism! haha. He is far too good for us but I would be over the proverbial if he signed for us; even on loan for the season.
yep after 40 years supporting oxford im still an optimist.
  • “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” – ...

People get the wrong impression when clubs talk about budget cuts. I don't see a problem with it at all, it enables the club to re-focus and stop the pointless signings.

When the club spend vasts amounts of money on Holmes and Carruthers - let's predict it's north of £30,000 per month for that pair :rolleyes: - is it a big drama trimming the wage bill? I say it makes bloody sense if I were Tiger.

Or use that saving (above) and use 50% of it on a decent player like Jordan Graham or Jerome Sinclair.

We've lost plenty of players this season, we continue to trim the U23's in the face of financial challenges, I can't see the first team being impacted very much.

This is Robinson’s biggest weakness. He has form as a verbal diarrohea merchant. Put a sock in it man. He has many great attributes though and as I’ve said before this season has been memorable. In many ways.

Back
Top Bottom