General 2019/20 First Team Squad

Am I right in thinking it’s just the first team squad in Portugal, with the U23s in Scotland? If so it looks like Berkoe and Allardyce are part of the first team squad.

Attachments

• AF5DB77B-0624-4C19-9047-377C5FFD7C13.jpeg
    AF5DB77B-0624-4C19-9047-377C5FFD7C13.jpeg
    210.6 KB · Views: 32
Am I right in thinking it’s just the first team squad in Portugal, with the U23s in Scotland? If so it looks like Berkoe and Allardyce are part of the first team squad.

At their stage if development, the club cannot try to convince supporters they are in the first team squad this season. If that's their mentality, it's going to be a difficult season.

At their stage if development, the club cannot try to convince supporters they are in the first team squad this season. If that's their mentality, it's going to be a difficult season.
Surely its a matter of wait and see?
Hopefully a couple prove themselves up to being in the first team squad.
I would suspect that this time last year Baptiste was not considered a first team player but look at what happened.

I would suspect that this time last year Baptiste was not considered a first team player but look at what happened.

When they joined, the club said "Karl Robinson believes the U’s are building for the future." I fully agree, that into the season all 3 of the new U23 signings may show themselves as possibilities for the first team if injuries occurred as they did this season. This was part of the problem we had last season, even though we brought in U23 players last summer, they weren't deemed good enough and some were moved out. Nico Jones is nearly there, as was Baptiste last summer, although I think Baptiste was closer than Jones is now, purely due to the amount of football he had played the previous season.

Having seen Baptiste play fantastically up until the injury, he was one of the first names on the team sheet. Hopefully Jones will be in the future.

I just feel we need more than just the nucleus of a first team squad, which is what we have at the moment If we are to be truly competitive this season, as we were towards the end of last season. We have to replace the quality that we've lost, to get to a first team squad size of around 23. The likes, of Brown, Kashi, Garbutt, Sinclair have all gone, and whatever individuals thought of them, they and others contributed to that success.

With that squad of 23, and a strong and successful U23 team, we will compete. All of the new U23 players all look good on paper, but we need the experience and quality of last season added to the squad, before we can be successful again.

I reckon the likes of Fabio Lopes, Nico Jones and Kyran Lofthouse will be around the first team squad quite a bit next season.

If he can recapture his form under Robinson when they were both at Charlton, that's a good signing.

Welcome, TF!

(and he is apparently out in Portugal with the rest of them)

So if we had to play tomorrow we would have the following team:
Eastwood
Long Dickie Mous Ruffels
Gorrin
Brannagan Henry
Whyte Mackie Fosu

Reserves

Stevens
Hanson Jones Allardyce Eleichi
Sykes Heap Lopes
Hall Spasov Lofthouse

Have I missed anybody? The first team looks decent ( need further CB) but more strength in depth needed.

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mous Ruffels
Gorrin
Brannagan Henry
Whyte Mackie Fosu

Reserves

Stevens
Sykes Heap Lopes
Hall Spasov Lofthouse

Have I missed anybody? The first team looks decent ( need further CB) but more strength in depth needed.
Missing Napa

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mous Ruffels
Gorrin
Brannagan Henry
Whyte Mackie Fosu

Reserves

Stevens
Sykes Heap Lopes
Hall Spasov Lofthouse

Baptiste, Bercoe, James, Sade.

Back
Top Bottom