General 2019/20 First Team Squad

Haven't Mousinho and James got longer from memory?
Worrying about Dickie. We don't want another Nelson situation.

I agree. Looking down the list, there are major ones that we would want to tie up if we could (Nelson would be brilliant but unlikely) however I think sticking an extra year on Dickie’s contract would be really important. We can’t keep rebuilding defences season after season and I think the second half of our season has seen Dickie improve.

He’s one to invest in for the future.

Fingers crossed we can hold onto Tsun Dai.

Ever present in the centre of midfield for Jong Utrecht, unfortunately they are absolutely rock bottom with 15 points all season and Tsun hasn't experienced a win to date.

At least he's playing I s'pose...

Im thinking the best thing for my sanity is to turnoff and ignore all transfer speculation on the forum, rad ox, ox mail etc and have a look at the OUFC site after the transfer window has closed. Any chance ESB of having an ignore button for threads?

Im thinking the best thing for my sanity is to turnoff and ignore all transfer speculation on the forum, rad ox, ox mail etc and have a look at the OUFC site after the transfer window has closed. Any chance ESB of having an ignore button for threads?

On the unread post list, look at what you want, ignoring what you don't and when finished just mark all read.

Im thinking the best thing for my sanity is to turnoff and ignore all transfer speculation on the forum, rad ox, ox mail etc and have a look at the OUFC site after the transfer window has closed.
Unfortunately, that would mean missing any information about the first month of the season. ?

So to sum up what eitehr hasnt been announced yet/I've missed:
Seniors
OOC - Raglan, Obika, Nelson, Hall, Shearer
OOC but 1yr option - Stevens, Mousinho, Kellaher
Rest - allcontracted to 2020 or beyond...

Youngsters: Most are sorted now - either staying or going or already on deals to 2020 or beyond.
Only queries I have are (and can anybody post any actual detail if they know any more):
Agboola - was his current deal to 2019 or beyond?
Harry McDonell - 2nd year scholar, due to graduate this summer, not seen anything either way
Elachi - any detail on how long his pro deal was for?
Nico Jones - has he been signed on a pro deal yet?

An indication that both might be with us again next season..? Otherwise I’d rather see younger players given a chance.

I get that players have to perform in training.
But surely the last few games is about trying to extend the run but also to plan for next season?
The strategy regarding young players is clear.
OK so Hall could be here next season, but surely James or Lofthouse above Obika coming on as substitute?
Also will Jones get a chance ahead of Nelson in one game? That would be a brave move but maybe good for the future?

I don't think that Obika should be with us next season, but give the lad a bit of a break. He has been injured for most of his time with us, clearly being asked to play when unfit last season. I suspect that the style under Clotet did not play to his strengths, either.

got nothing against him but if we're wanting to do better next season then need to be looking for someone who can offer a lot more i,e goals and fitness

There's no point in Obika getting on the pitch for us again this season, surely. Unless Robinson's short term memory has gone, he won't be anywhere near the club in a few week's time. If we are going to put other players in the team, just put in those who will be with us next season. That might not include Hall, and certainly doesn't include Obika.

So to sum up what eitehr hasnt been announced yet/I've missed:
Seniors
OOC - Raglan, Obika, Nelson, Hall, Shearer
OOC but 1yr option - Stevens, Mousinho, Kellaher
Rest - allcontracted to 2020 or beyond...

Youngsters: Most are sorted now - either staying or going or already on deals to 2020 or beyond.
Only queries I have are (and can anybody post any actual detail if they know any more):
Agboola - was his current deal to 2019 or beyond?
Harry McDonell - 2nd year scholar, due to graduate this summer, not seen anything either way
Elachi - any detail on how long his pro deal was for?
Nico Jones - has he been signed on a pro deal yet?
Raglan no longer at the club ..

Obika won't be with us next season, but giving him half hour or so will make it easier for him to get a contract elsewhere as he can demonstrate his fitness ahead of preseason. That's a decent thing for our club to do, offer him one final appearance, but this will have little bearing on next season. Hall maybe different as he could be on a pay to play deal next season and it will be about gaining confidence in his knee ahead of the summer. Either way it is going to make very little difference and our younger players should still get lots of opportunities over the summer and into next season.

Obika won't be with us next season, but giving him half hour or so will make it easier for him to get a contract elsewhere as he can demonstrate his fitness ahead of preseason. That's a decent thing for our club to do, offer him one final appearance, but this will have little bearing on next season.
Well, yes maybe it is a nice thing to do (although any club will look at Obika's fitness record and take half an hours appearance with a whole sackful of salt!) - but to give him game time ahead of giving one of our own youngsters/fringe players some more match experience?

Well, yes maybe it is a nice thing to do (although any club will look at Obika's fitness record and take half an hours appearance with a whole sackful of salt!) - but to give him game time ahead of giving one of our own youngsters/fringe players some more match experience?
Agree.
I can't see why we would play Obika ahead of one of our younger players if we are thinking of the future.

Back
Top Bottom