Ex Player 2016 promotion winning team - value now?

Left back I think we've been relatively ok with. Liam Davis was solid, then we had Mr.reliable Joe Skarz for a while and now Ruffs. The right back however, that is a cursed position if there was ever such a thing.
Bloody hell - Id completely forgotten Davis. A sign of me getting old.. ?

Suspect we may be shopping in Scotland once again.

Everton also releasing some of their U23s - seems to have worked for us previously

It can be, but there are far more stories of players joining League Two sides from Premier League academies who never get anywhere near playing in the top flight.
Lunny had the right mentality, I'm not sure we can say the same for all players! Some think they can swan around and it will come to them, he got stuck in day one.

Left back I think we've been relatively ok with. Liam Davis was solid, then we had Mr.reliable Joe Skarz for a while and now Ruffs. The right back however, that is a cursed position if there was ever such a thing.

If we keep getting the likes of Gorgeous George, JJ Kenny, Todd Kane, Cadds etc then I can put up with such a curse, especially if the alternative is Dwight Tiendalli.

Last edited:
In our promotion season we had two right backs who went on to play in the premier league, I wonder how many fourth division clubs have ever done that before or since? So although they were not “ours” it’s hardly a cursed position.

Back
Top Bottom