20 goal a season striker

nice little stats bit on the Oxford site reagrding scoring in the league: https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2018/october/3000-goals/

what stands out is that we have only ever had 3 strikers to score 20+goals in a season! 3 strickers - ever, incredible!
To be fair it is rare for there to be 20 goal a season striker in the League.
People throw out this statistic but it us very rare. Mist promoted teams to not 'need a 20 goal a season striker

nice little stats bit on the Oxford site reagrding scoring in the league: https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2018/october/3000-goals/

what stands out is that we have only ever had 3 strikers to score 20+goals in a season! 3 strickers - ever, incredible!

Not being too much of a statto type, seeing the section with a box out table in the link above with the handful of U's players who notched up 4 goals in a game inc' where & when,.... I realised I was lucky enough to have been at all those games to witness all of them :)

my youngest lad (now 26), was at his first U's game...albeit he wouldn't have known much about it being marginally over 9months old! ... which was Johnny Durnin's one man demolition of Luton , Nov '92..... for a while after that my youngest daughter, also at that game at the Manor had Ooooh Johnny Lager as her fave player, I think it was more the song than actually the player that she liked, truth be told :sneaky:

I looked at the list of players to score 4 in a game and realised I saw them all. The first as a very young boy sat in the Beech Road stand with my Dad.
I then realised what a miserly old fart I've become!!

Remember that Durnin blockbuster at the cuckoo lane end against Luton. Smacked it straight over the keeper into the top right hand corner.

We like the North!
1st goal...Graham Atkinson away at Barrow
1000th goal...Malcolm Shotton away at Carlisle
2000th goal...at home, but an own goal scored by an Oldham player
3000th goal...??? away at Scunthorpe

We like the North!
1st goal...Graham Atkinson away at Barrow
1000th goal...Malcolm Shotton away at Carlisle
2000th goal...at home, but an own goal scored by an Oldham player
3000th goal...??? away at Scunthorpe
we need 2 goals for the 3000th league goal, .... 2 away goals at Scunny would be great, 3 be even better :cool:

Back
Top Bottom