Away Match Day Thread 20/11/2021 L1: Wigan Athletic v OUFC - POSTPONED

Status
Not open for further replies.
They probably recognise that the club has worked exceptionally hard to protect players and staff and minimise the impact of covid, whilst acknowledging that the physical closeness of sporting professionals means that any one case can quickly become an outbreak.

They won't be panicking and looking for someone to blame like some of our posters.
Here comes Mr Escalation Man.

No one’s panicking. No one’s blaming anyone.

But how can the ownership , how can the supporters be thrilled by what’s happened today?

Did you waste time and money today following out club?

But how can the ownership , how can the supporters be thrilled by what’s happened today?

No one is thrilled but people get infectious diseases. What’s your point?

I imagine they are concerned for the players involved, their families, and those who have been in close contact with them.

That's all.

Seven, (or is it ten), at once ?

Have there been bigger outbreaks at other clubs? It’s a lot.

Only if we’ve got a strong enough team/squad and not with key players missing. No other club play with key players missing so I don’t see why we have to try and be martyrs.

Also surprised why Karl informed the EFL that we’d okay the game with youth team players if we have to…crazyI
Surely if a game can be called off as one of the teams has 3 players called up for international duty then 7 players being possibly infected with a virus causing a Global pandemic is more than justifiable

Out amongst the working world this is pretty standard, happened where I work and we didn’t play the blame game. I realise you are very old but this is how the world is now, can’t all hide from a virus.

With them players all having Covid, we will need the next two games to be off!!

Plus more players must get a positive test, it's obvious been spread amongst the players.
I know of 4 people within a few hundred yards of me who have had positive lateral flow and PCR tests this week, all double vaccinated and one has had the booster, all currently isolating till friday/saturday next week,
i can see the next 2 games being postponed, seven players in a small squad testing positive, no doubt backroom staff too, makes no sense to play for everyones safety they need to let it go through the Club like Chicken Pox in a class of 5yr olds and them move on.

No one is thrilled but people get infectious diseases. What’s your point?
Maybe it's knowing whether, or not, players have taken individual responsibility to do the main, simple, thing to try to avoid getting infected?
Ie. Get get double jabbed... or maybe they have been taken in by the nonsense posted by LSB.

Ps no one is saying you can't get infected if you have been vaccinated, but it does reduce the chance.

So, given the list of those ruled out, then aside from the keeper issue we could still field a decent line up:
GK tba
RB Hanson/Williams (injured?)
Lb Seddon
CB long, McNally
Cm Gorrin, Kane, bran
Fw henry, Agyei, Holland
Subs mcguane, cooper, Whyte, goodrham, Hanson/Williams +2 youngsters

As has been pointed out, Gorrin, so replace with McGuane. Also I'd try Whyte starting over Agyei. Then some more youngsters (Johnson, Golding or Nosakhare, O'Donkor and whomever). I'd consider Ben Watt from the Academy at right back as well over Hanson at right back but BW should be on the bench as well.

Last edited:
Got as far as Wolverhampton to see hundreds of Hammers fans pouring off the train. Got return train. My reward for going to Bristol on Tuesday? On way to see Saxton Rovers Reserves v Kennington Athletic Reserves, top of the table clash in Oxfordshire Senior League Division Two. Knew I should have stuck to grass roots football!
Morecambe only just beat them and with a great lob from the half way line. Our 2nd string couldn't even beat Bristol rovers so can't see how it will be a walk in the park.
And 75% of the first team

How many of the squad have still not had one or two vaccinations? If it is the case that unvaccinated players have symptoms then is there a case for making it obligatory? After all, those in the squad are bound to have contact with each other and, players from other teams.
No, there is no case to make it obligatory. It’s a choice and under no circumstances should it be anything other than that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom