Away Match Day Thread 20/11/2021 L1: Wigan Athletic v OUFC - POSTPONED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he would but who cares. If I was him, I would take it on the chin being called a hypocrite and go for a postponement!!
Quite. Karl does hold himself to the highest moral standards, though, so I’d be very surprised if he did. He, and by association we, do things differently. I know this because he tells us so often.

Why does it matter who is vaccinated, and who isn’t? The vaccine doesn’t prevent you from catching it, and it doesn’t prevent you from spreading it. In fact, according to the ONS, the vaccinated are 6X more likely to catch COVID. That’s a fact.

You’ve had a belting week on here. The Azeem Rafiq thread and now this unsubstantiated nugget. Bravo …

I think we should play Tuesday, get a team together and crack on. Show character and come out fighting.
Only if we’ve got a strong enough team/squad and not with key players missing. No other club play with key players missing so I don’t see why we have to try and be martyrs.

Also surprised why Karl informed the EFL that we’d okay the game with youth team players if we have to…crazy

You’ve had a belting week on here. The Azeem Rafiq thread and now this unsubstantiated nugget. Bravo …
105129A1-027F-427E-A111-39121858B011.jpeg
Unsubstantiated, eh? If you have the intelligence to actually understand this simple graph, the facts are as clear as day. If you need more data to substantiate my point, I have plenty.

View attachment 7528
Unsubstantiated, eh? If you have the intelligence to actually understand this simple graph, the facts are as clear as day. If you need more data to substantiate my point, I have plenty. Bellend.
This is just raw data without confounders being taken into account. Given the actual number of people vaccinated in this country v not, I'm not actually surprised. The vast majority of those more likely to come into contact with the virus are vaccinated (health and social care care workers, people living in care homes etc). The only RCTs on the matter demonstrate a much reduced risk of infection for vaccinated v not, granted they are not in regard to delta.

With respect, if we were given the chance of abandoning the match on Tuesday because we had half a dozen players out (including both our recognised keepers apparently) then there is no way we will or should say no. Why would we actively reduce the chances of getting any result just to say "well, we tried"...
But then we're no better than Crewe. We should show resilience (as we all should in difficult times), put a team out and get on with it as best we can. Still enough of the season left to recover if we lose.

I'd be immensely proud of the club if they do that.

I wonder how long it will be until a players covid vaccine status will have an impact on them signing on to new teams?

Not come over all Bazzer, but I wonder if we would sign an out of contract player till Christmas? I guess they wouldn’t be fit enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom