Away Match Day Thread 20/11/2021 L1: Wigan Athletic v OUFC - POSTPONED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do as well but my daughter had cervical cancer ( she clear now ) but she had to have an op unfortunately at 29 and the only way they could get all the cancer cells was for her to have a hysterectomy. In the morning of her pre op she took an LFT and was negative but when she went for her pre op she had a PCR which came back as positive so get op was out o back 3 weeks. But hearing one of the players was Easty and Jack still not right and Plumley they couldn’t Rick because of his age.
I feel your pain. I lost my niece at the age of 24 in 2010 due to cervical cancer. She was already stage four at diagnosis.
My wife’s niece had it too when she was in her thirties. Luckily she was stage two and the hysterectomy was essential she was able to produce eggs that hopefully will produce in the next year.
It is a far worse disease than anyone imagines it to be.Luckily I think they are well on the way to reducing the risks

Taylor tested positive according to Robinson.
If we can't postpone every game in the next 10 days that could be season over 😅

Explains why KR was bigging up Gavin Whyte as a striker a couple days ago if Matty was the positive test on Wednesday.

Will be for 10 days so out for Tuesday and Saturday if they go ahead. Will definitely require an emergency loan, our youth keeper prospects are good but it wouldn't be fair at all to throw them in for this period.

Jordan Archer is yet to make an appearance this season, and we seem to have a good relationship with QPR so I wouldn't be surprised to see us at least enquire about him.

We might be able to get away with postponing Tuesday, but I can't see the efl letting us off Saturday too. 7 out with Covid, Stevens, Winnall and Gorrin all out too. We best pray that the defence, especially Seddon, and the talismanic Taylor are not among the affected or our promotion attempt may be over.
KR named the positive tests on ROx. Eastwood, Mous, Moore Thorniley, Sykes, Forde, Taylor.
All players and staff will be tested again Monday and PCR's. PHE will have to be involved in any decisions made from now as well as the EFL.
KR said he phoned six managers to get an emergency keeper but no luck. One was lined up from London but it would have been too late. Prem clubs not allowed to loan apparently . Some players are injured as well , Williams being one. As it stands we could just about put a team out but it would be square pegs in round holes.

I feel your pain. I lost my niece at the age of 24 in 2010 due to cervical cancer. She was already stage four at diagnosis.
My wife’s niece had it too when she was in her thirties. Luckily she was stage two and the hysterectomy was essential she was able to produce eggs that hopefully will produce in the next year.
It is a far worse disease than anyone imagines it to be.Luckily I think they are well on the way to reducing the risks
I’m sorry for your loss and the pain. They caught my daughter early which was a blessing but if I’m honest I did have tears as did Mrs Bazzer as I lost my mother to the big C 38 years ago and it’s a bastard, but the relief we both felt when she was given the good news, having said that both Mrs Bazzer and I know how Lucky we are but how otherS aren’t so fortunate and yes we did think of those unlucky ones.

KR named the positive tests on ROx. Eastwood, Mous, Moore Thorniley, Sykes, Forde, Taylor.
All players and staff will be tested again Monday and PCR's. PHE will have to be involved in any decisions made from now as well as the EFL.
KR said he phoned six managers to get an emergency keeper but no luck. One was lined up from London but it would have been too late. Prem clubs not allowed to loan apparently . Some players are injured as well , Williams being one. As it stands we could just about put a team out but it would be square pegs in round holes.
More excuses. What's wrong with Alan Judge?

As I wend home after an expensive five minute visit up north c/o two separate Warrington train station platforms is it churlish to ask just how many of our squad have been vaccinated?

What a waste of a freaking day.

Enlivened by meeting three sixty something hard core Rangers fans and their thirty cans of lager on their way to their semifinal tomorrow. A couple of which they kindly offered to me,

They seemed like nice boys. .But I did raise my brow a touch when one of the guys showed me video phone footage of his knife attack footage in an Edinburgh pub.

Ah well on to the next game, whenever the hell that will be.

What a waste of a freaking day.

Enlivened by meeting three sixty something hard core Rangers fans and their thirty cans of lager on their way to their semifinal tomorrow. A couple of which they kindly offered to me,

They seemed like nice boys. .But I did raise my brow a touch when one of the guys showed me video phone footage of his knife attack footage in an Edinburgh pub.

Ah well on to the next game, whenever the hell that will be.
Why does it matter who is vaccinated, and who isn’t? The vaccine doesn’t prevent you from catching it, and it doesn’t prevent you from spreading it. In fact, according to the ONS, the vaccinated are 6X more likely to catch COVID. That’s a fact.

Why does it matter who is vaccinated, and who isn’t? The vaccine doesn’t prevent you from catching it, and it doesn’t prevent you from spreading it. In fact, according to the ONS, the vaccinated are 6X more likely to catch COVID. That’s a fact.

If you have been vaccinated you have five times LESS chance of getting COVID. And less chance if passing it on. So it does matter who is vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom