Home Match Day Thread 20-10-2020 L1 OUFC v MK Dons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very happy with that. Poor in the first half but great battling qualities in the second half which gives us a massive boost. Loving that Shodipo goal! Wow, well done fella. I think Clare starting to settle a little now but we still desperately need a centre back and left back. Well done Longy as well

Great win, we really needes that. Strange game. Mk dons passed rings round us but we missed two absolute sitters.

Wow completely ignored apart from noticing it was 0-0 towards the end of the first half. Will be definitely watching that on ifollow . That winning feeling cant beat it! COYY

Should Eastwood have saved their second? Hit like a bullet swerving away from him. Great strike, should have been flattened long before then.
Finally the luck we deserve with Shodipo’s shot hitting the post and going in, not out for a goal kick.

MK Dons are like a mirror of us. All passing and not a lot to show for it.

They’ve dropped into the relegation places.
Very much so, for all their 72% possession only two shots on target, both of which hit the net mind. It looked very nice without being hugely dangerous.

I’m now wondering if Clare is abit like T.A.A not quite as good but there both not very good defenders but Clare could be very useful attacking from deep abit like T.A.A

Vital three points. We're out of the relegation zone!

The defence looked unbelievably porous first half. We probably deserved to be behind. But I don't remember MK having a sniff second half. Although individual mistakes are being horribly exposed this season, defending is a team effort, and I think KR did well to shut off the supply lines to their dangerous front men in the second half. We still have moments of pure mental lapse though - hence the second goal. It is concerning.

I thought KR set up cleverly to combat their playing out from the back with the 4231, and his substitutions came at good times and, obviously, made a big difference. Along with the shift at HT, I was impressed with how he managed the game. He can hardly be blamed for individual defensive errors. It was also great to have options on the bench - being able to bring on the likes of Agyei and Shodipo stretched the game and ultimately won it for us.

We looked extremely dangerous going forward second half, which was great to see, a return to some of our best play of last year. We should have won by more. Hopefully MM is a confidence player and that performance gives him a boost, he certainly seemed to perk up second half when he was getting a bit more of a sniff. Henry had his usual quiet game with moments of brilliance, and any game where Taylor scores is a game where I'm happy. Sykes though my MOTM. Without CB, we need a presence in the middle of the park to be tenacious and make life hell for the oppo CMs, and he did exactly that. Unlucky not to get a goal, too.

Exactly the boost we needed going into an essential game on Saturday. Good stuff.

I’m now wondering if Clare is abit like T.A.A not quite as good but there both not very good defenders but Clare could be very useful attacking from deep abit like T.A.A
Not quite as good, or nowhere near as good?

I’m sure Kip will have his half and half scarf ready for Saturday.

So first time watching on ifollow, and first time of seeing us properly this season, thought MK playing out from the back was crazy! We should and could have scored a couple more, from Aygei and McGuane, but its 3 points and confidence boost! Hopefully Atkinson isn't too serious with his injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom