Home Match Day Thread 20-10-2020 L1 OUFC v MK Dons

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said in the build up thread, I think we will score but unfortunately I think they will score more.

1-3 (and hoping I am as wrong as I can be).

We have one of the best attacks in the league so soon we will start converting the created chances. Hopefully from today!

If the spine of the team last year was Eastwood-Dickie-Brannagan-Henry-Taylor, this season’s offering has a case of scoliosis.

Eastwood is out of form or at best patchy, Dickie has departed and his replacement Atkinson is both learning and recovering, Brannagan is out, Henry isn't firing on all cylinders yet and Taylor is isolated. We look like a team with a chemical memory of how to do things well but with a makeshift defence, we have nothing to build on from the back.

I can’t predict anything until I see the XI for this one. I’m worried but take solace that this is a home game to sort things out and we’ve mustered some of our better results at the KasStad so far. A win could take us to 18th and on par with that lot that we play on Saturday.

There's always hope. But right now not a lot of it. A draw tonight would be more than acceptable. A win would be unbelievable. A loss is expected.

If not a total "must win", then definitely a "mustn't loose" and "must score". Apart from position and points there's the effect on morale for Saturday to consider (ours and theirs).

If not a total "must win", then definitely a "mustn't loose" and "must score". Apart from position and points there's the effect on morale for Saturday to consider (ours and theirs).

It feels like a must win although it plainly can't be at this stage!

Should I or should I not waste £10 on us huffing and puffing all night but failing to blow the door down?

Mk play 3 at the back so what we should be doing is looking to stretch the play as much as possible drag there centre backs out of position. There has to be someone supporting Taylor up top otherwise Richard Keough will do a job on him tonight

Unless KR pulls his head out of his a**e and realise his defence is shite we ain’t going to win tonight he needs to go 5-3-2 and stick Gorrin in front of the 3 CBs hopefully thar way if one makes a mistake the others can still clear it get agyei next to Taylor to stretch there defence and hopefully Taylor and Henry can do the damage OUFC 4-MK 0

Osei just scored for the U21s to put us 2-1 up.
Cooper scored the first.

Will be one of the players going out on loan. Woking perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom