Home Match Build Up 20/10/20 L1 - OUFC V MK Dons

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its one of KR's old clubs- reckon this is the match where our fortunes change for the better

3-1 home win

Eastwood; Clare Atkinson Moore Ruffells; Gorrin Forde Sykes; Henry Taylor Cooper

Can't see Agyei as being able to cope with this league and I think he will leave the squad on loan. 2-0 win. COYY

As ESB says MK beat Gillingham,
But Accy beat Peterborough....so let's hope we win

Eastwood
Ruffles, he’s getting fitter/better with each game
Moore, had a decent game Saturday
Atkinson am hoping he will be fit
Clare, had a good game Saturday apart from the second goal
Gorrin desperately missed
Sykes, one of the best players Saturday
Henry also played well Saturday
Forde another who has raised his game
Taylor must start scoring soon with the right support
Kelly playing in a 10 role, he’s got the passes and it’s his last chance

Really top notch front line MK have, with a good result on Saturday, up against our paper thin dodgy defence.
We are desperate for a win, but can only see OUFC 0 MKD 2

First time poster here. Been a U’s fan all my life. Brought up in south Oxfordshire but been living in the smoke the last few years.

Really hope me joining somehow creates some desperately needed good fortune! But Karl knows who to blame if not.

3-0. Goals, clean sheet, and a much needed confidence boost! Setting us up nicely for another win on Saturday to see us leapfrog that days opposition ?

Last edited:
First time poster here. Been a U’s fan all my life. Brought up in south Oxfordshire but been living in the smoke the last few years.

Really hope me joining somehow creates some desperately needed good fortune! But Karl knows who to blame if not.

3-0. Goals, clean sheet, and a much needed confidence boost! Setting us up nicely for another win on Saturday to see us leapfrog that days opposition ?
welcome onboard @southlondonyellow

something is definately needed to spark a change in fortune - here's hoping you joining YF is that catalyst ;)

I’d like to see us try Taylor and Winnall up top together.

Eastwood

Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels

Henry Forde Gorrin Cooper

Winnall Taylor

Maybe bringing on some pace in the second half if needed (not that we have much of that). Also would like to see McGuene given a chance of the bench

Last edited:

Eastwood

Winnall Taylor

Maybe bringing on some pace in the second half if needed (not that we have much of that). Also would like to see McGuene given a chance of the bench
I like 442. Its a good formation for getting things right. Dont forget the new lad Shodipo has pace so he could take a wing spot later in the game.

Eastwood

Winnall Taylor

It a line up that looks decent but I can't see sykes missing out and winnall doesn't seem anywhere near fit enough to start a game.

I would go with

Eastwood

Ruffels
Clare
Atkinson
Moore

Gorrin
Henry
Forde

Sykes
Hall
Taylor

It a line up that looks decent but I can't see sykes missing out and winnall doesn't seem anywhere near fit enough to start a game.

I would go with

Eastwood

Ruffels
Clare
Atkinson
Moore

Gorrin
Henry
Forde

Sykes
Hall
Taylor
Yeah maybe too early for Winnall to start in this game. Although I thought I heard he'd been training very well. I get your point about Sykes as he does add something to the team. However, we seem to be very right side heavy at the moment and with the 442 I proposed, the reason I didn't have him over Henry is simply because I was imagining him whipping crosses into Taylor and Winnall and it got me all rather excited for a Monday afternoon.

Yeah maybe too early for Winnall to start in this game. Although I thought I heard he'd been training very well. I get your point about Sykes as he does add something to the team. However, we seem to be very right side heavy at the moment and with the 442 I proposed, the reason I didn't have him over Henry is simply because I was imagining him whipping crosses into Taylor and Winnall and it got me all rather excited for a Monday afternoon.
I see your thinking, Henry has a connection with Taylor that nobody else does. I think Henry enjoys the middle of the pitch his link play is better their and his intelligence can open the play more than his being restricted to the right side. Its a tough one, like you say a 4-4-2 might keep is a bit more tighter and more defensively sound but I think it handicaps our football too.

We lose tomorrow and that would the beginning of the end or will show we have had a pretty crap transfer window, yes I know we got Taylor and Winnall and a new contract for Brannagan but that’s it we brought in Osei one for the future one ( we hope) Clare? Jury still out has pace but a RB he isn’t.
I’m hoping Karl has a smile on his face tomorrow at 20.50and bit because of his wife has made a promise.
I will go for 3-0 Taylor, Henry and Winnall

Eastwood
Long Moore Atkinson
Clare Henry Gorrin Forde Ruffels
Sykes Taylor​

Maybe a proper change up is needed.

Could try a 3-5-2 formation, with Gorrin holding and Sykes playing in his supposedly favoured number 10 position just behind Taylor.

Would free up Clare to get forward a bit more as well.

Otherwise, if it’s the usual 4-3-3, then I can’t think of anything better than:

Eastwood
Gorrin
Henry Forde
Sykes Taylor Agyei​

Either way, it’s a must win game.

COYY

Eastwood
Long Moore Atkinson
Clare Henry Gorrin Forde Ruffels
Sykes Taylor​

Maybe a proper change up is needed.

Could try a 3-5-2 formation, with Gorrin holding and Sykes playing in his supposedly favoured number 10 position just behind Taylor.

Would free up Clare to get forward a bit more as well.

Otherwise, if it’s the usual 4-3-3, then I can’t think of anything better than:

Eastwood
Gorrin
Henry Forde
Sykes Taylor Agyei​

Either way, it’s a must win game.

COYY
My problems with a 3-5-2 are:
  • We don't have enough centre backs and this requires more centre backs
  • Clare has been struggling to learn full back and we now ask him to adjust to wing back
  • The defence looks like they have never played together before and this requires a back five that have never played together before
  • Sykes and Henry are out of position.
I'm fine with your second XI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom