Away Match Day Thread +++ 20/10/18 Bristol Rovers v OUFC +++

Bristol Rovers haven’t scored in four games and have lost their last two to last minute goals. They’re only one point better off than us.

We need to see if the Plymouth game was the start of a mini-revival as this game is against a fellow struggler and not one of the promotion contenders. Fingers crossed.

EDIT. Just seen their 'keeper is Jack Bonham. Fancy reminding yourself of one his previous performances against us?!

Last edited:
Scrappy, bad-tempered match, a flurry of cards brandished, an away win by a late, one-goal margin

Eastwood
McMahon Dickie Nelson Ruffels
Baptiste Mous Henry
Whyte Mackie Browne

Harsh on Holmes, wouldn't really mind if he started over Whyte. Think Ruffels and McMahon have deserved their places at full back. 0-1, Browne.

away defeat
I feel like you only do this so if we win you can stay quiet and no one notices but if we do lose you can smugly say ‘I told you so’.

Why not add something to the conversation? Why do you think we’ll lose? They’re by all accounts as bad as us and we’ve done well in Bristol the last few seasons. What is it about them / us that makes you think this will be a home win?

I fancy us to keep another clean sheet. If Mackie is on form, then I can see us nicking a goal to ensure it's thank you and goodnight (Irene)!
Wonder how many of the former U's contingent (Sam Slocombe, James Clarke, Alex Jakubiak, Sercs) will feature? COYY!

I fancy us to keep another clean sheet. If Mackie is on form, then I can see us nicking a goal to ensure it's thank you and goodnight (Irene)!
Wonder how many of the former U's contingent (Sam Slocombe, James Clarke, Alex Jakubiak, Sercs) will feature? COYY!
I think Sam Slocombe has moved on. Possibly to Lincoln?

Hope we can carry on from last week and get another 3 points.
2-0 to the U’S.
COYY

Hopefully he’s not playing as he would score against us.
I’m going for 2-1

Eastwood
McMahon Dickie Nelson Ruffels
Baptiste Mous Henry
Whyte Mackie Browne

Harsh on Holmes, wouldn't really mind if he started over Whyte. Think Ruffels and McMahon have deserved their places at full back. 0-1, Browne.
After his performances this season there is no way in my view you can leave out Holmes. Both him and Mackie pressed high up last week and gave Plymouth a torrid time.
I suspect that Whyte will start on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom