Home Match Day Thread +++ 20/08/2019 L1: OUFC vs Burton Albion+++

First game of the season for me tonight. Yesterday’s signings have left me feeling quite excited about the seasons prospects. Burton are no pushovers but I am hoping for three points.

The Burton forum makes interesting reading...looks like we're gaining a reputation of being a horrible team to play against..constantly fouling and breaking up play.

Strange when this is one of the best footballing teams I've seen us put together in recent memory.

a win for us to carry on our decent home form.
a pleasant august evening watching football at the breeze block, so will wrap up warm!

All those doubters and posters who made snidey remarks about the board and personally attacked tiger got it wrong. Are they big enough to publicly put their hand up and apologise in the same way they publicly criticised?
Now it’s up to KR and the team to continue to put the performances in and keep the standards high. Can’t wait for this season to unfold.

I'm maybe somebody this is aimed at.

I acknowledge that a very competitive squad has been assembled without spending silly money. I applaud that a number of players have decent resell value with a few more who could also develop into players we could sell for fees later on down the line. I admire KR's resolve and determination thus far. Long may it continue!

However, it has taken 18months of Tiger's reign to get here. Mistakes were made which supporters were absolutely right to call out. The PR & Comms with the fanbase (both in general and with OxVox) have been poor. A lot of question marks remain around our financial position (who do we owe debt to and on what basis?). And the stadium question remains unanswered.

I'm loving the current on-field situation but remaining vigilant concerning off-field matters.

If Fosu is fully fit and Taylor starts then we win this one, in my view. If no Fosu then it will be trickier, and if Taylor can’t start then it will be down to luck and how Burton play IMO...

Also a bit tough on mousinho who has barely put a foot wrong this season
Would disagree, his man for the first against Blackpool and caught by ball over the top for the 2nd. Moore & Dickie for me.

Eastwood
Cadden Dickie Mous Ruffels
Brannagan Gorrin
Henry Woodburn Forde
Taylor

Can’t wait for tonight, Burton will be no pushovers, but I just think with how well we’ve been playing, now we hopefully will have an end product to all our good attacking play, they won’t be able to cope with us!

4-0 (Taylor 2, brannagan, Henry)

COYY

Interesting looking at our average positions against Blackpool:

639DAEF0-3850-4D6E-AB6B-F610A3D71833.jpeg

Gorrin has a big impact on how we play. Generally sits between the CBs allowing Dickie to defend on the front foot...Mousinho then sweeps.

Gorrin also allows Ruffels and Cadden to be progressive full backs with their average position over the half way line.

Finally, with no Fosu in the team we are prett narrow. Brannagan/Henry/Woodburn all looking to occupy similar spaces.

We are packed with creativity and look solid defensively - am hugely looking forward to tonight.

This tonight me be the one where Woodburn doesn’t hit the post or we miss a sitter!

We lose tonight ....... forum in melt down ..... only pacified by 16 game unbeaten run ..... followed by Robbo out chants when it comes to an end. Or something like that.

Relying on this forum for updates etc - in Bibione, Italy at present.

Actually, we may well win tonight as the chap who has borrowed my ST has an excellent record when attending!

Was wondering about Fosu, think we missed him on Saturday. But if he went for a scan yesterday, chances of playing tonight are slim, I reckon. First home game for me so hoping to see more of the net bulging action our play deserves - Woodburn breaks his duck in a 3-1 win.

Back
Top Bottom