Home Match Day Thread +++ 20/07/19 PSF OUFC V QPR+++

KR post match interview said 4 players incoming, one before Fulham game , Cadden (?), plus 3 others?.... hoping its two strikers and a CB
From what I make of his comment... 4.... There's been no no's... Close but not close enough.... Doesn't mean it'll happen
I hope I'm totally wrong

If you look at that squad today and add Whyte, Hall, Mackie, Cadden, 2 strikers and a CB and I think we'll be in a really good place. McMahon going might mean that we get another RB but otherwise I'd be happy with our lot.
We still need 2 CB's in my opinion, Mousinho was showed up today, a good CDM, not a CB. and Jones isnt ready yet, he should be 4th choice and bleed him in over the season

But he didn’t say 4 are coming. He said he wanted 4 and that one may be in before the Fulham game.

The others are clearly not at the dotting of i’s and crossing of t’s, so it’s dangerous to starting assuming and backslapping at this stage.

He didn’t sound like a man that thought he’d got his men, to me.

I’m not really a fan of pre season games but I always like to go to at least one and i thought it wasn’t a bad game. More importantly for me is the fact that I took my grandson Jack to his first match and he said he really enjoyed it and would like to go again, so that will do for me.?

But he didn’t say 4 are coming. He said he wanted 4 and that one may be in before the Fulham game.

The others are clearly not at the dotting of i’s and crossing of t’s, so it’s dangerous to starting assuming and backslapping at this stage.

He didn’t sound like a man that thought he’d got his men, to me.
He sure didnt

Didn’t go, went to Fairford and had brilliant time, by the looks of things I had a better time than watching from what I’ve heard an excuse, Napa will be a good day later in a couple of years time I have no doubt about that, but a lone striker? FFS he KR has known about that problem regarding strikers since the last game of last season, doesn’t seem to have learned. This is now under 2 weeks before the season starts, ok the transfer window doesn’t shut for another month and I’m sure people will mention about the season not ending for another month but that’s crap we want to start the season with players raring to go.
Again we’ve had a s**t transfer window.
Is Mackie still injured oris going to be a case he may get some game time on Tuesday, but I guess that will be another 48hrs.

I thought Lofthouse looked quite lively, McMahon unlucky with his free kick

Match ended in a 1 - 3 defeat. Ref abandoned game with 10 or so minutes left after a steward fell down some steps and had to be airlifted to hospital.

Sorry it’s late but report from this afternoons game at Gosport. Started very well and the kids looked good very well drilled very slick passing moving the ball around very well. Deservedly took the lead with a nailed on penalty. As the game went on though Gosport made there physicality count. Mind it was men against boys. I think the average age of our kids was 17. Gosport scores 3 goals. The lads didn’t let it get to them and started taking control of the game, had a 2 nd goal disallowed for offside, I didn’t and a lot of others didn’t think it was offside. Then the game was abandoned with 15 mins left. Max Harris in goal looks a really good prospect our number 6 when he develpes physically when he’s older playing in front of the back 4 could be a tremendous prospect, very calm on the ball moves it around very well a very tall lad in the Patrick Viara mould. In the 2nd half a young lad our number 15 looked about 10 years old looked awesome sorry don’t know his name, played CM and became our play maker.
Update from a friend who is a steward at Gosport on the steward who fell down the stand stairs. He was air lifted to hospital and has suffered badly broken leg. Initial CT scans have ruled out suspected broken neck and spine. Said steward is a diabetic ant as the weather was hot they think that being diabetic might of contributed to his acciden. Fingers crossed it isn’t more serious.
Overall it was a very entertaining game of football and our kids should feel proud of themselves for playing so well.

Back
Top Bottom