Away Match Day Thread 20/04/2021 L1 AFC Wimbledon v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
I feel confident about this match. The boys are full of confidence after Saturday and will want to show that they are worthy of a place in the play-offs.

They are scoring a lot of goals recently and will be playing "back" at their nice new empty stadium at Plough Lane. They are not strictly out of the danger zone yet, so won't give up too easily. Hopefully KR has done his homework on them and has a gameplan to deal with them.

Must win game Part 2.

They do have some good players. Pigott is worth a goal, and I think Longman is quite decent, so the defence will need to be on there toes tonight. We should have enough to win the game, but we never seem to do anything easy.

away win 1-3 hopefully.

REF WATCH :

DTHX9UWXUAAfRC3

Hampshire based Andy Davies is the man in the middle at Plough Lane tonight.
Appointed to the national list in 2012 Davies has refereed only 17 games this season brandishing 45 yellow cards
and five reds.

LAST THREE U’s MATCHES :

September 12th 2020 - Lincoln City 2-0 Oxford U [Rob Atkinson given a red card later rescinded]
March 16th 2019 - Oxford U 1-0 Bradford C

August 23rd 2016 - Oxford U 2-4 Brighton

FIRST U’s MATCH :

March 28th 2013 - Oxford U 1-1 Morecambe

PLAYED FOR BOTH:

Includes Danny Hylton, Michael Collins, George Long, Sean Rigg, Alfie Potter, Ryan Clarke,
Dannie Bulman, Jack Midson and Jon Meades.
BfFq2wvIAAApXYI

I originally said to nights game would be a draw. Now its game day, jucies are flowing excitement is building, Come on you mighty yellows go get us another 3 points. Keep the dream alive. 3:2 to the mighty yellows, Sam Winnall with a 96th min winner. COYY

Will be a tough one, but frankly if the last three games haven't got positivity running through the team then I don't know what will. My worry is that we have started slow for the last few games (I don't mind how we finished though!).

Shodipo on the bench for Barker and Sykes in for Forde, 2-0 to us.
COYY

Toughest game left for us until the playoffs
Like us they have won the last three and are in good form
They need to win to get clear of relegation, we need to win to keep up the pressure
This could go either way in a tight game I’m going for a draw which means we then need to win the remaining games

A draw will put a lot of pressure on us.
I am expecting Shodipo to separate the two sides with a 30 yarder

Get through this one with a W and I'll be bouncing off the walls. Wimbledon have turned their season around and are playing really well at the moment, and they owe us one for how we somehow got through the reverse fixture without conceding despite them battering us for 60 minutes (thank you Jack Stevens!). Sykes and Barker back in please. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Winnall get a start given his good performance at the weekend, although I think personally I would still prefer Matty. 3-1 to OUFC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom