Home Match Day Thread +++ 20/01/2018 OUFC v Bury match thread +++

Eastwood​

Tiendalli Mousinho Dickie Ruffels​

IB-R Ledson Brannagan Mowatt​

GvK Thomas​
Dropping 2 of our best players recently Martin and Obika and then moving Mowatt and Ruffels outwide. If Pep does something like this then we will lose. Especially with Van Kessel upfront the blokes a donkey.

I say this because we need pace on the wings. If it is Skarz and Edwards at fullback they ain't going to be able to keep up whereas someone like Mowatt isn't the quickest and Edwards will be able to stop him.

Last edited:
Cold and sleeting up in Warwickshire, hoping it's better down at the breezeblock!

Cold and sleeting up in Warwickshire, hoping it's better down at the breezeblock!
Admire your optimism @Concretebob .... sadly I find the ol' breezeblock rather cold n lifeless irrespective of the time of year- still, a home win will raise the temperature a degree or two. Up the Manor

Eastwood
Carroll Mousinho Dickie Tiendali
GvK Ruffels Mowatt Henry
Obika Thomas​

GVK starts but swaps for IBR after 70 minutes. It will be three nil by then so Brannagan also comes on for Ruffels.

Can't format on my mobile so this should be interesting:

Eastwood
Tiendalli Dickie Martin Carroll
Henry. Ruffels. Mowatt. B-Ricketts
Thomas. Obika

Get Brannagan on early second half depending on the score, Napa on for Henry too to seriously challenge the full backs. No GVK at all please.

Eastwood
Henry Mousinho Brannagan GvK
Thomas Obika

First job of Bury's new manager will be to stop the goals going in, so expect them to park the bus.
We'll win, but not by as many as we should.
2-0

Please lets not give Maguire a hard time if he plays, because players always up their game when we do that to ex-OUFC boys.

Eastwood
Henry Mousinho Brannagan GvK
Thomas Obika

First job of Bury's new manager will be to stop the goals going in, so expect them to park the bus.
We'll win, but not by as many as we should.
2-0

Please lets not give Maguire a hard time if he plays, because players always up their game when we do that to ex-OUFC boys.
Mous at CM? Not gonna happen is it

Mous at CM? Not gonna happen is it

It's not going to happen, but I have thought it might be a good move going forward. He reverted to CB at Burton from CM, where he's played most of his career. We've a lot of capable centre-backs (even if they've not shown it at all this season), and having a good midfield anchor alongside some pacy wing-backs would make us a lot more potent up front.

Suspect one new signing will make their debut from the start today.

Injured one week, a virus the next, Ledson is not having a good time of it.

Things that young players seem to learn that really annoys me: Contracts mean nothing, don't go abroad (you might have to learn a new language), don't be open about your sexuality if you are gay, give the ref grief (even happening more in Rugby now), promote 'you' over your team/country (see U17 world cup winners turning round their shirts), dive/fake injury to get someone a card..... And the inspiration for this rant: you can down tools/fake illness* to get what you want (pierre van hooijdonk was the first high profile example of a player doing this - and at the time he (rightly) got a load of criticism - now it's seems to be standard procedure AAAAARGH! What are we teaching the youngsters!!??
*(apologies to Mr Ledson if he really is ill)
(ahhhh - feel better now, off to the game COYY!)

Back
Top Bottom