EFL 2 Pompey players test positive

had an email response from Rad Ox too, re tomorrows friendly

Radio Oxford did apply for the ok to provide live broadcast for tomorrows friendly, which was knocked back ( cv19 stay alert rules etc ?).... Radio Oxford have also applied for the ok to provide live coverage of the next OUFC friendly , on Tuesday,
no news either way on whether that match will have live coverage from Radio Oxford as yet

You’re like an investigative journalist!

I wouldn't read much into these results. False positive rates can run from 2-4% for the test. Between Portsmouth and oxford all players and staff, 2 testing rounds, bound to be at least 200 tests done. That 4 to 8 false positives by chance...

Fact they are asymptomatic supports this ( although a lot of people can be asymptomatic with the diseade)

One of the flaws of mass testing...

I wouldn't read much into these results. False positive rates can run from 2-4% for the test. Between Portsmouth and oxford all players and staff, 2 testing rounds, bound to be at least 200 tests done. That 4 to 8 false positives by chance...

Fact they are asymptomatic supports this ( although a lot of people can be asymptomatic with the diseade)

Couldn’t the VAR sort it out

Maybe we should be doing the antibody tests as well - for example if half the squad had the the antibodies, and the other half had positive tests, they could technically play together still? And then as more and more have antibodies they can just play as normal?

Maybe we should be doing the antibody tests as well - for example if half the squad had the the antibodies, and the other half had positive tests, they could technically play together still? And then as more and more have antibodies they can just play as normal?

The evidence regarding re-infection is still sketchy so antibody tests wouldn't necessarily help at this time.

70% of the population with covid19 are asymptomatic. This is an average figure for the population as a whole. The figure is higher for younger age groups so you might expect more than 90% of professional footballers to show no symptoms while carrying the virus.

I gear that Pompy played a friendly against Reading, regardless of the score, it’s a match, so we might be playing catch up for match fitness

We are going to face the problem of no-one to play after the coming weekend. Since all premier league sides will be back playing and championship the week after so assume they won’t want to play after the coming weekend and no one else is playing - so could be struggling for warm up opponents.

We are going to face the problem of no-one to play after the coming weekend. Since all premier league sides will be back playing and championship the week after so assume they won’t want to play after the coming weekend and no one else is playing - so could be struggling for warm up opponents.
Northampton? Aren't they in the L2 playoffs? Local, could want a game.

:unsure:
I gear that Pompy played a friendly against Reading, regardless of the score, it’s a match, so we might be playing catch up for match fitness

they lost 3:1 to Reading and they used all 23 available players, so they are getting game time. Which is exactly what our guys need :(:unsure:

Portsmouth have two players positive...how come they played and we didn't?

I'd guess because our negative tests were the day before the game whereas they had them earlier in the week and therefore had another round of tests before their planned game so they could see that it hadn't spread beyond those two players who had gone into isolation.

Northampton? Aren't they in the L2 playoffs? Local, could want a game.
L2 playoffs are this coming Thursday and next Monday with the final a week later, so can't see where they would fit in a practice game now. Next week they'll either be on the beach in their back gardens or preparing for Wembley.

Back
Top Bottom