EFL 2 Pompey players test positive

I think it's gonna be an absolute miracle if these playoff games take place . I hope I'm wrong

I agree. Its great in theory but has was seen by the friendly between stoke and man u, it takes just 1 positive test to call a game off. It then means that team can't play for 2 weeks at least.

Enjoy the Championship Wycombe!

But more importantly, best wishes for recovery to the two

Last edited:
So this brings me back to my question yesterday:

Hey

Not sure if I read in a previous EFL statement that there would need to be a contingency plan should a situation arise meaning the Playoffs could not be played?

So what if, for safety reasons they cannot be played? Do they go back to another final table standing?

They have carried on with preparations where others have tested positive at other clubs with the individuals self isolating. I'd suggest these came out of the first tests so wouldn't/shouldn't have had contact with the other players/staff. So unless it goes through the club somehow and if it is players then Pompey would just have to do without would be my assumption. But based on being caught now, they should be back before the game although their fitness may be affected if players.

Last edited:
I guess the only outcome if the play offs dont take place is Wycombe are awarded the third place by default. Someone will have to get promoted unless third from bottom of the Championship gets a last minute reprieve?

Without wishing to sound harsh I think the virus, in these instances, has got to be treated like an injury. If as a club you have a case or two then use the squad or delve in to the youth set up like you’d have to for any other match during the season.

Without wishing to sound harsh I think the virus, in these instances, has got to be treated like an injury. If as a club you have a case or two then use the squad or delve in to the youth set up like you’d have to for any other match during the season.

It is. I believe the rule is ‘x’ number of players out with CV and games can be postponed. I think I read 8, but don’t quote me on that.

Back
Top Bottom