Away Match Day Thread +++ 2/11/19 Portsmouth V OUFC +++

Always a good away day at Portsmouth even when we lose ,but late goal meant it felt like a win think this is a special team very together unlike the start of the season when we seem to have a team of talented individuals, now a break from the heavy schedule and the team can have a rest as well ?.

Did anyone else notice yesterday how quickly the Pompey goalkeeper took the goal kicks, almost as if they were trying to catch us out each time?

Quite a good tactic to try I think, shame it never worked!:ROFLMAO:

Shame that the rememberance thing was such a cock up by Pompey. As a Vet myself, I found the 5 disorganised minutes BEFORE the signaled silence embarrassing in the extreme. IMHO it was all Very very poorly organised. The veterans deserved better. The minutes silence, when it eventually came was generally well observed by Oxford - one yob in block M was a bit vocal but was promptly shut up by those near him and there were some latecomers outside the stand who were noisy.

As for the game, conditions were bad (for both teams) and not an ideal platform for our current style of play. We must be running out of squad members again with all the injuries. I hope we still have enough to put up a good show next Sunday when it's unlikely that H&Y will let us play our football Nice ending though. What an assist from Henry..fantastic.

Have to say in all my 38 years of watching Oxford, Saturday was by a country mile the most civilised I've seen the place, no groups looking for it before/after the game. Drank in their pub too.

He was never going for the man - sliding in front for the block

and that's why the player could turn. If he went for the man they would be no turn but a heap of players

Back
Top Bottom