Away Match Day Thread +++ 2/11/19 Portsmouth V OUFC +++

Slug fest in very tricky conditions. 2 late substitutions got us the point, think Robinson missed a trick by not starting Baptiste and Forde. Taylor is the master goal poacher, he moves into space cleverly. Portsmouth played with a lot of spirit but we deserved the point. Away support again superb. Need to get some of the injured players back, hope Ruffles isn’t too bad.

How when you can hear the fans singing “ Robinson’s yellow army “

Because the minute's silence hadn't started, absolutely no disrespect at all. Others have already explained in greater detail.

Otherwise, using the same logic Pompey fans disrespected as well as they chanted at one point.

K
Because the minute's silence hadn't started, absolutely no disrespect at all. Others have already explained in greater detail.

Otherwise, using the same logic Pompey fans disrespected as well as they chanted at one point.
already explained @Marked Ox ?

EIZlRVeXUAM-yl3

It’s a great result . After so many poor results at this stage last season I do believe that this time we are really going for it

A very slickly edited version of events and, cynically, avoids showing any OUFC support at all. Very poor show from Portsmouth.
I believe, strongly, that OUFC need to respond and highlight how events actually unfolded and how the whole staging was mismanaged by Portsmouth. The stadium announcer gave a chain of events which was not followed. The most telling being that the ref did not mark the end of a minutes silence with his whistle and the players were announced onto the pitch, interrupting the silent stadium, to cheers from both sets of fans.
An apology from Portsmouth FC is required. They have disgraced themselves here.

It was a right cock up. Even the Pompey fans were saying how only their club could make such a mess of it. Mind you the ref showed at this point what we were in for, the first of a dozen crazy decisions. . He pulled the players away before it had finished. I felt sorry for the old chap out there at the end. It was complete silence from our fans during the actual minute silence. Great point though. That cross from Henry was top drawer.
The minutes silence as defined on their tannoy, ie after the last post till the refs whistle did not happen because if the earlier cock up. We did have plenty of confused silence (circa five mins) before that

Wow what a day yesterday. Started with England getting battered by South Africa in the rugby, then onto Fratton to watch the mighty yellows. The weather was always going to play a vital roll in the games procedings. Bumped into a few yellows on the train ? going from the Hard to Fratton. Got into the ground about 30 mins before kick off. Boy didn’t Pompey totally mess up pre match procedings. Just about sums up them as a club at the moment. What a steady dependable player Sam Long is becoming. The 1st half was like a game of chess very cagey few chances for either team. 2 half they started the brighter, win a penalty which I thought was a nailed on pen, but after talking with Pompey fans after the game now I think it might of been dubious. Typical lucky Pompey. Then for some reason after going ahead they just stopped playing and tried to defend what they had. Boy didn’t we make them pay. If we could of scored earlier I think we would of gone onto win. Matty Taylor what a finish. How good were the yellow army. My throat is still sore this morning. Was strange seeing Shandan playing the lone defender roll such was our dominance at the end. Man of the match for me Sam Long.

YYYEEESSS

Perhaps a bit late but the team deserve it, a real fighting performance
Our guests arrived with still 10 minutes to play, and I didn't see the result until about 8:30 (UK).

Back
Top Bottom