Away Match Day Thread +++ 2/11/19 Portsmouth V OUFC +++

Sarge

God like member
usually a decent awayday ... looking like a near full house ... reckon we'll keep the unbeaten run going with a 3-1 away win, 1-1 in the first half, then a brace of late goals to secure the win
Sykes, Henry and Taylor

Be happy with a point but chuffed with a win after an equally tense game of rugby.

Somewhat concerned by the injury list but, we do have a squad of players who manage to cover each other at the moment. Maybe Moore and Mous starting to give us a stronger defence with options to break? Would love to see Mackie winding up the Pompey defence, especially playing towards the Milton end with that rather unsavoury lot of Pompey fans off to the side getting all wound up!
However, on the break we need Matty up top to convert those crosses. Decisions, decisions! ?

Although they’re not on great form I think their home forms pretty good so I’d be happy with a draw but we might sneak it 2-1?
1-1 Taylor

Pompey fans are in 2 minds, on 1 hand they want to beat us but also they want to lose so Jacket gets the sack. Me personally losing is not an option. We simply have to find away to win. COYY

To be honest I would be happy with a draw tomorrow

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mous Ruffels
Henry Gorrin Baptiste
Sykes Taylor Fosu
Not sure if Cadden is fit again, but Long deserves to keep his place for this one.
With Brannagan out, Baptiste really needs to step up, and find some form.
Don't want to push Hall to much, he's progressing well now, so give him a rest.
Would like to see Forde get a run out for 30 mins.

Some very tired legs on Tuesday, so feel a draw would be a good result, but if we can get ourselves going, we could run away with it!
Could be the last league game for a while, so hopefully we can make it count.

COYY

Arrived in Portsmouth this afternoon. Staying a little bit out of town at the Village Hotel (not bad at all, and a big screen for the rugby in the morning)

The last time I was here we won 4-1, but all things considered a point would do nicely tomorrow. 1-1 Henry

See you at the Shepherds Crook!

Back
Top Bottom