Home Match Day Thread +++ 2/10/18 OUFC v Luton Town +++

I try my hardest to give Obika my support (he will come good/confidence/wrong formation/built like a footballer) however we persist with him . Last night he was abysmal. I know Bradley is a big dominant centre back , but Obika at times ran round in circles rather than closing down players . Probably should be in the players section but had to get it off my chest......AND BREATH

The problem is Tiger won't act even though he needs to get rid of KR right now.

It'll be another six weeks of prevarication, another month and a half of gaining a few more points and the person that needs to make the hard calls will just hide, securely, 5000 miles away.

Nothing but trouble the day he walked into this club and held that embarrassing and shambolic news 'announcement'.

I try my hardest to give Obika my support (he will come good/confidence/wrong formation/built like a footballer) however we persist with him . Last night he was abysmal. I know Bradley is a big dominant centre back , but Obika at times ran round in circles rather than closing down players . Probably should be in the players section but had to get it off my chest......AND BREATH

That's why KR wanted to use Obika's pace ?. Trouble is those of us of a certain age can remember Dean Saunders playing off the shoulder of big, dominant division 1 centre halves and leaving them catching fresh air.

Have to say that Obika did run round in circles and apart from one good header was pretty ineffective. He seems to be lacking in confidence.

Have to say that Obika did run round in circles and apart from one good header was pretty ineffective. He seems to be lacking in confidence.
I have to say that although Obika isn’t very good, and isnt suited to his current role, you have to admire his mental strength in turning out weekly and doing his best. He is trying hard. It’s easy to scoff but if you’ve ever struggled at work you’ll know what it’s like.

I liked the bit when the ball broke to him in space on the near touch line and he backheeled it out of play under no pressure.

I have to say that although Obika isn’t very good, and isnt suited to his current role, you have to admire his mental strength in turning out weekly and doing his best. He is trying hard. It’s easy to scoff but if you’ve ever struggled at work you’ll know what it’s like.

Turns up because he is getting paid I suppose, you can tell he would rather be elsewhere though. His attitude is still better than McMahon though, he looked like he had been forced on the pitch at gunpoint.

I liked the bit when the ball broke to him in space on the near touch line and he backheeled it out of play under no pressure.
I liked the bit in the second minute of the game when Whyte whipped a cross into the near post, and despite getting in front of his marker about six yards out he managed to head the ball to the back of the penalty area.

Back
Top Bottom