Home Match Day Thread +++ 2/10/18 OUFC v Luton Town +++

It seems to me that Robinson has not lost the players, but he has lost the fans, and that's almost certainly fatal for him.

Sat in the East Stand last night I was disappointed to hear what was being shouted towards certain players. Yes I understand the frustration but I wish some fans would stay home and scream at the radio, rather than at their own players. A few brave souls asked them to get behind the team, to no avail.

You could sense the nerves on the pitch and I applaud those who sang strongly for the first 30 mins. Those who chose to loudly criticise the players, when they needed our support the most, can do one, as far as I'm concerned.

Last game I saw in the league was against Wycombe away and we should have been three nil up at half time. Last night was a completely different team. No confidence at all. Going one up to that tremendous Holmes strike and I feared we would still lose. Whatever we had we've lost it, it's as simple as that.

KR sounded pretty wretched on the radio, claiming he would take the blame and shield the players after clearly blaming Hanson and Baptiste. It's not a reason in itself to sack a manager, but it's not going to help. Robinson's verbals were attractive when he first started, he sold us all a bit in that first radio conference, but now it just seems annoying.

I'm disappointed it's come to this. I don't buy the "it's never been worse" stuff I hear, because it really has been much worse. There have been times when we didn't have anything like Holmes, Baptiste, Whyte, Nelson or Dickie in the squad. He's not the worst manager we've had, just the most verbose.

The damage done wasn't last night. Last night was the inevitable result of failing to win so many games we should have won before, coupled with the nervousness at home we've seen from so many teams at the Kasstad over the years.

So, reluctantly (he's a human being with a family and a career), KR has to go. Another manager will be given time by the fans, and his accepted goal will be survival, which is not a goal we could accept from KR.

I'm sorry it hasn't worked out for him, and even sorrier we have lost a season, and may even lose our place in L1. My worry now is that Tiger will take an age to replace him, during which time the gap we need to cross could become a chasm.

All the teams we play are so much physically stronger than we are and a good 6 inches taller. Do we recruit short people on purpose? They may be technically better footballers but not man enough for what we’re up against
Interesting point, and almost always true. Against Barnsley we looked like schoolboys.

Just dipped into the old MS-Dos Luton Outlaws forum (remember when we pushed them into meltdown?).

They called us the worst side they'd played this season. I don't blame them and can't put a counter argument against that.

What a rabble we have become since MApp left.

Last edited:
Luton had an awful lot of players who have first names for surnames. Justin, Lee, Stacey, Shea, Bradley, Grant, o'Kane, Collins.

Is that allowed?

Is that where our recruitment has gone wrong?

Luton had an awful lot of players who have first names for surnames. Justin, Lee, Stacey, Shea, Bradley, Grant, o'Kane, Collins.

Is that allowed?

Is that where our recruitment has gone wrong?

Bradley is a controversial call for me.

All the teams we play are so much physically stronger than we are and a good 6 inches taller. Do we recruit short people on purpose? They may be technically better footballers but not man enough for what we’re up against

I don't think they're technically better footballers.

Luton obviously deserved to win last night, but the sight of their manager jumping up and down in front of the fourth official and the Luton players surrounding the referee to get a second yellow for Shandon Baptiste (which I didn’t think was a card offence) was disgusting.
It seems acceptable in the modern game mores the pity.

Luton obviously deserved to win last night, but the sight of their manager jumping up and down in front of the fourth official and the Luton players surrounding the referee to get a second yellow for Shandon Baptiste (which I didn’t think was a card offence) was disgusting.
Lest we forget how much our bench have been censured for doing that this season

their keeper ran 30 yards to instruct the ref to send off Baptiste.... which itself should've (but didnt) result in a yellow card

Last edited:
I can’t understand WTF Mitchell is doing rolling the ball out short to our full backs with opposition players very close,......... “ oh and are Robinson and Derry still? “ WTF Tiger sort it out and sack the deluded pair.

Out of interest, anyone calmed down yet and now thinking that maybe it wasn't that bad and that we've overreacted a bit on here?

Out of interest, anyone calmed down yet and now thinking that maybe it wasn't that bad and that we've overreacted a bit on here?

We have 5 points from 11 games, 1 win in those 11, I think it’s now hard to believe it’s not that bad and that miraculously a team that can’t defend and can’t score is going to somehow come good.

Robinson has had an easy ride up till now, now the reality of the situation has hit home that is over, going to be a toxic atmosphere from now till his inevitable removal.

Back
Top Bottom