Matches 1st ST Ballot

Oxymoron

Details here

First thoughts are that the Boxing Day fixture should be "one off" rather than part of a block, as many people would want this one and not the mid week games and conversely, other fans would want to apply for a chance of the Tuesday games who are unable to attend Boxing Day due to Xmas commitments.

Details here

First thoughts are that the Boxing Day fixture should be "one off" rather than part of a block, as many people would want this one and not the mid week games and conversely, other fans would want to apply for a chance of the Tuesday games who are unable to attend Boxing Day due to Xmas commitments.
No easy answers I know but I can make the 1st and 3rd games but not Boxing Day - what happens if I only get that one?

Really useful when the Government are reviewing the Tier system on the 16th and those of us in plague central might (might!) drop a Tier and be allowed out.
Knowing my luck I would get a Northampton ticket on the 15th and not be allowed to go then end up with a Donny ticket that I can`t go to for logistical reasons.
On that basis it`s ifollow in the warm for me. :)

No easy answers I know but I can make the 1st and 3rd games but not Boxing Day - what happens if I only get that one?
Short answer is you miss out, which is really annoying as I probably can't do 1st mid-week, would love to go to the Boxing Day game (as I will be home alone that day) and am "meh" about the Donny game - if we could be in an exchange group, everyone would at least have a better chance of being happy.

There are some FAQ's

Boxing day allocation will be interesting .... i still suspect that to' pay ' for the 5 days of xmas ,January could see England in lockdown for 25-30 days , or alternatively, all England in tier 3 for 30 days

Hopefully those who can’t attend any games they get allocated let the club know so they can be reallocated, but with no incentive to do so it may well result in there being less than 2,000 attendees at these games. And of course a selection of ST holders who feel hard done by having gone to none of the games.
Can’t help but think it would’ve been better to apply for games individually and for the club to then use previous attendance (or lack of) to prioritise.

Interesting.

I live in Derby and they've released their process for if/when we're out of Tier 3 today.
Essentially a first come, first serve season ticket ballot for each match but if you get a ticket for Match 1, you're then blocked out for as many matches as it takes to have got all season ticket holders in once.
Obviously, how quick that is depends on how long Derby is in Tier 2 (if it gets there) and then into Tier 1.
They've got about 10,000 season ticket holders, so if you get a ticket for Match 1 and Derby stays in Tier 2, you wouldn't be able to go again until Match 6 whilst the remaining 8k ST holders are spread over matches, 2,3,4 and 5.

Last edited:
Interesting.

I live in Derby and they've released their process for if/when we're out of Tier 3 today.
Essentially a first come, first serve season ticket ballot for each match but if you get a ticket for Match 1, you're then blocked out for as many matches as it takes to have got all season ticket holders in once.
Obviously, how quick that is depends on how long Derby is in Tier 2 (if it gets there) and then into Tier 1.
They've got about 10,000 season ticket holders, so if you get a ticket for Match 1 and Derby stays in Tier 2, you wouldn't be able to go again until Match 6 whilst the remaining 8k ST holders are spread over matches, 2,3,4 and 5.
Sensible approach imo

Interesting.

That's the way it should be. Season ticket holders who got to the Hull game, should they not also be excluded for the ballot for the first game of three as they have already seen a game?

That's the way it should be. Season ticket holders who got to the Hull game, should they not also be excluded for the ballot for the first game of three as they have already seen a game?
I'm sure there are a myriad of ways the club COULD arrange things and there will still be a myriad of ways the club COULD have done things differently either way around but lets not forget it is actually costing the club to get 2k fans into the ground, they are constrained by the ticketing system Ticketmaster provide and those that attended the hull game may have chosen not to if they knew it would reduce their chances of getting a ticket for the boxing game.

Seems a bit complicated to do a ballot for every 3 games.

Why didn't they just do a ballot for every game?

Or split the ST holders in 2 groups. With each group taking it in turn to attend a game.

Even then there will be still some people who can only go to a certain game and not another game. And what if you're in the ballot for AFC Wimbledon but then can't go to Swindon at home two weeks later (for example).

As you say, just do a ballot every game...two days for ST holders to register their interest, after that it's luck of the draw, you win then good luck, you lose then better luck next time.

Incidentally, I assume tickets are personalised and IDs are being checked at the stadium?

I'm simply saying that for fairness, those that have been to a game, should step aside until all have been.
Simply remove hull numbers from this new ballot, until all have seen a game.
Its the same as they will be doing following the first ballot, removing numbers, so no new technology needed.

My ticketing policy.
Anyone who didn't go to the Hull match can go to FGR tonight, then it's open ballot for league games thereafter to all season ticker holders.
Anyone living inside the county get first dibs on the two Tuesday night tickets because it's easier for them to get to.
Anyone outside the county except the Tier 3 people get first priority for Boxing Day.
Also anyone outside the county gets free pick of seats in SSU as they have to travel further, but the locals can sit in row A of the East Stand.

Even then there will be still some people who can only go to a certain game and not another game. And what if you're in the ballot for AFC Wimbledon but then can't go to Swindon at home two weeks later (for example).

As you say, just do a ballot every game...two days for ST holders to register their interest, after that it's luck of the draw, you win then good luck, you lose then better luck next time.

Incidentally, I assume tickets are personalised and IDs are being checked at the stadium?
There were no ID checks at the Hull game. Or at least me and the 5 others I know that attended weren't asked for ID.

Didn't understand the whinging to start with but then realised in our current form having to endure potentially all 3 games live isnt something anyone deserves.

OK so I seem to be losing it.
When can you enter the ballot?

Back
Top Bottom