FA Cup 1st round draw- tomorrow night

All the balls in there and 33 and 34 come out together well done Grant Holt.

Best we focus on the league this year. Underwhelming as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know we’ve had some decent draws when we’ve progressed but in recent seasons I do feel we’ve been a bit unlucky! As someone else said it’s like the Sheffield United games a couple of seasons ago.

This season just gets better doesn’t it? I think we are good enough to stay out of a relegation battle but we don’t seem to be having much luck, sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good, hope it’s not one of those seasons.

The only plus side is with no fans able to attend no draw was particularly enticing, I normally hope for an obscure/local non league side away but which you can make a good day out of but that was never going to happen.

I don't see what the fuss is. We get to play a good footballing side, we'll have come into our own by the time we play them, and having beaten them we'll be ready for anyone we get drawn against in the second round. Better than being drawn against some cloggers who'll like nothing better than to kick lumps out of us. But the scum already got their draw arranged.

I don't see what the fuss is. We get to play a good footballing side, we'll have come into our own by the time we play them, and having beaten them we'll be ready for anyone we get drawn against in the second round. Better than being drawn against some cloggers who'll like nothing better than to kick lumps out of us. But the scum already got their draw arranged.
I couldn't agree more. I think it's a good draw, that will give us the opportunity to revenge the recent league defeat.

Posh fans don't like it at all. We showed enough there that they feel they should give the youth a chance. Don't risk the top players, and its a bum draw.

The only thing that could have been worse for us was Fleetwood away

On paper they are the second best team we could have drawn, they have already beaten us this year and it’s a tedious draw given they are in our division and we have played them plenty of times recently. It’s a s**t draw.

That blonde thicko messed that right up.

All the balls in there and 33 and 34 come out together well done Grant Holt.

Best we focus on the league this year. Underwhelming as usual.

‘As usual?’ We’ve had some belting draws in recent years.

Visits to novelty away grounds like Merstham, Braintree and Hayes and Yeading. Away ties at Middlesbrough and Newcastle.

We’ve actually done rather well with our FA Cup ties. We’ve been overdue a stinker of a tie.

Totally rubbish draw (and I see that Ipswich drew Pompey as well, so us and Posh won't be the only ones complaining!)

City could well be on TV though. At home, with a chance at a giant-killing vs. a relatively local opponent. TV companies love those sorts of ties......

Think it’s a big game, Decent prize money. Surely the game will be televised? Won’t some sort of deal be cut with the Beeb?

Think it’s a big game, Decent prize money. Surely the game will be televised? Won’t some sort of deal be cut with the Beeb?
I thought it might be - right up until Ipswich v Portsmouth came out of the hat

Last edited:
As Man Utd aren't in this round (which would mean they would be televised even if their opponents forfeited the game due to Covid), I expect all the televised games will be non-league at home to league, e.g. us at Hayes & Yeading last year.

As Man Utd aren't in this round (which would mean they would be televised even if their opponents forfeited the game due to Covid), I expect all the televised games will be non-league at home to league, e.g. us at Hayes & Yeading last year.
There’s Salford City and FC United of Manchester for the TV companies to get excited about........

And there's a dozen of those in the first round, so I think you can guarantee the main games on the Beeb & BT Sport being picked from those
(with FC United vs. Doncaster being a cert, but City vs. Northampton being a possible).

But I think PRB was more meaning surely they'll find a way for all games to be televised in some fashion (even if it's behind a PPV wall). No sense in not doing that if no fans are able to attend any of the games anyway.

Salford City on tv a dead cert, or the other tossers FC United.
personally i think Hull v Fleetwood looks tasty , may get the nod.

Back
Top Bottom