Away Match Day Thread +++ 19/11/19 FA Youth Cup Colchester v OUFC +++

Is the next round away? .....isnt maidenheads ground one of the oldest in england?

Hopefully Spasov is ok. He has really hit the ground running having come back from a nasty injury.
Smith? Wow he just cant seem.to stop scoring.
That was a very big win. The next round on paper should be more comfortable. So a really good opportunity to get through to the 4th round if we beat Maidrnhead at Thame.

I think it's a bit of a shame games like this are played at Thame. Bit out the way for most of our fan base.
If we owned our ground we could play it there.....
I think that the club are restricted on the number of games that they cAn play without paying more to Kassam?

If we owned our ground we could play it there.....
I think that the club are restricted on the number of games that they cAn play without paying more to Kassam?
I didn't mean at the Kastad to be honest. Youth home games are often played at Abingdon United. There would be better imo but maybe there's a reason it can't be there that I don't know about.

I didn't mean at the Kastad to be honest. Youth home games are often played at Abingdon United. There would be better imo but maybe there's a reason it can't be there that I don't know about.
Yes but Abingdon is awful for any oufc supporters North of Oxford.

Reflecting on last night's match:
The Colchester lads were more skillful and more physical but they didn't seem to play as well as us as a team.
LBS got his formation right with the 4-4-1-1. Spasov and Smith are old-style goal-hangers. Lopez covered a lot of ground behind them and dropped back into midfield when required. Chambers-Parillon and Sole bossed the midfield and in hindsight that is probably what won us the game. I thought the ref was pretty good, he didn't hesitate to dish out the yellow cards and it was no surprise when their No 8 got his second yellow for a blatant trip.
Both sides were tiring at the end, but our super-sub won it as he did in the last round. Roll on Maidenhead!

Back
Top Bottom