Home Match Day Thread 19/09/20 L1 - OUFC v Sunderland

That was worse then the Lincoln game , we was second to everything. Every area is a worry , but especially defensive , then again no it’s the whole lot .
As been said we need some experience and some older heads to sort the leadership out .
Very poor day.

Last edited:
I’m still confident it will come good but today was a very bad day. Henry, Brannagan, Sykes, Clare and Taylor haven’t started the season well. Taylor is clearly not fully fit, nor is Henry. Clare is still adapting but he has a lot of learning to do quickly.

once this team clicks I think we will be up there and I think KR was 100% right not too sugar coat it.
Hopefully this is the game that gives players a kick up the a**e, especially when players can play their way out of the club just as easily as then can play their way into the team.

How about waiting until he has actually played for us a bit?!

Matty Taylor/Osei had no service of note apart from one cross.

All the defence and midfield have to hold their hands up for being poor. The lack of movement and aimless/speculative passing was the most consistent features of the game.

Cam Bran looked lost, Henry looks bereft of confidence and Sykes looked more interested in doing niggly fouls.

Bin the diamond, we don't have the players for it.

If Sean Clare isn't fully fit then don't play him and play Elechi (or a new left back), moving SL back to right back, as that defence was woefully unbalanced and looked like they'd never met before.

I hope they work on defending and attacking set pieces this coming week as apart from the odd occasion they were awful.

Forde has to play the defensive role over Kelly as he brings so much more energy and intent.
Now this is spot on! Our set pieces are awful in all departments.

SK confident of a league win a week today!
Only because he's offered to play
I must say, as much as I've appreciated all he has done here, I'm sick and tired of Robbo bringing in players who are unfit, and in need of "mini pre seasons" in order to catch up with the rest of the squad, if they're not fit, why not?!? Don't bring them into the club, taking up precious squad places and wages.

There's always room for one, maybe two gambles, but we've got Atkinson, Mcguane, Osei, and Cooper, with zero senior experience of football at this level, and it shows.
Clare and Agyei also have very limited experience at this level.
Add unfit players like Kelly and Winnall, and that's simply too many players nowhere near ready to hit the ground running, and take the club forward.

You need a strong squad of senior players at this level, with a sprinkling of talented young players, but unfortunately its an unbalanced squad with too much inexperience, and not enough experienced senior players to guide them through the season.

Some ruthless and intelligent business is needed before the transfer window closes, or I fear we're in for a very hard season.

Hall is another example. We have a squad who seem unfit, with average new additions coming in, as talent left, leaving an unbalanced combination of a lack of experience, pace and leadership. We have 3/4 peripheral players who need to be shipped out and serious first teamers brought in, to genuinely compete for places.

Mapp's recruitment at Lincoln is the model that 's currently yielding dividends without high money being spent.

Where's Scotchers to reassure us that everything is gonna work out alright?

It's a very poor recruitment this season. And what the hell is wrong with Henry? My fav player. He has been off the ball for months. And looks like he is running through mud. Never the quickest but boy what a transformation... ?

A season has many phases. This is just the first and let’s hope it doesn’t last long. Robinson like Mapp before him has generally been pretty good at spotting and fixing problems. And don’t start whinging about him when so many were overjoyed he’d signed a new contract.

Today reminded me of when Pep Clot was here with his signings and the performances we had with his team.
I like Taylor but his work rate today wasn’t very good
The irony there Baz is that Clotet won his first two games!!
We have had particularly slow starts with KR.

The most worrying thing for me was the fact that we completely tried to change our style of play . As well as some shocking individual performances ...James H a shadow while Cam Bran just not influential at all. Clare , how did we pay money for him ? Early days but the three shanks in a row 2nd half just wow .

It's a very poor recruitment this season. And what the hell is wrong with Henry? My fav player. He has been off the ball for months. And looks like he is running through mud. Never the quickest but boy what a transformation... ?
Br it’s one of the beat they’ve seen for a while? well some in here seem to think so. Yes tying up Brannagan to a new deal and Taylor signing was good but what else?

Br it’s one of the beat they’ve seen for a while? well some in here seem to think so. Yes tying up Brannagan to a new deal and Taylor signing was good but what else?

Winnall, Kelly on a new loan deal, Clare, Cooper.

They are all good players but need time to bed in.

Back
Top Bottom