Home Match Day Thread 19/09/20 L1 - OUFC v Sunderland

Well as you all know I can't stand Robyn's broadcast voice it's like nails.on a blackboard for me..so it's a no from me too. Plus why can't SK ever get our players names right..we have a Writtal with us apparently. Other metal windows are available.
I agree with you, plus he’s always sitting on the fence about everything. Doesn’t seem to know much about football, just agrees what everyone else says, I’m not saying argue for the sake of it but at the same time don’t be afraid to express your opinion.

Extremely harsh to mention Sam Long. I think he’s been fantastic, and was superb in most of the cup games last season against premier Lge opposition in particular.

The other 3 mentioned however I do agree with. I’ve not liked Hanson since he’s been here. Got to be one of our worst signings in recent times.

Has there come a point, after what he's said about Jones, that Jones has got to the same point as the young striker we used to have Roberts, who again was touted as talented, yet was never really going to play in the first team.
We need leaders on the pitch. No Mackie, no Mousinio

Simply, we need to have players, a Holland, a Brown, a Cadden, who bring the best out of our players. The Brannigan's, the Henrys, the Taylors, even Kelly. THAT'S the combination we had when we were storming this league, at the end of February. That's why players like the four mentioned may need to make way.

We were where we were at the end of February, because we were the best, not because we were trying to get better.

For a few games you got the same feeling as you did when Aldridge, Trewick, Hamilton were storming down the pitch at the Manor.

We have got to do something. ATM we are standing still, as Shrewsbury did after their great recent season.

KR knows exactly what we need to do, and he is the man to do it, as he was the one to get it together last season.

Last edited:
I must say, as much as I've appreciated all he has done here, I'm sick and tired of Robbo bringing in players who are unfit, and in need of "mini pre seasons" in order to catch up with the rest of the squad, if they're not fit, why not?!? Don't bring them into the club, taking up precious squad places and wages.

There's always room for one, maybe two gambles, but we've got Atkinson, Mcguane, Osei, and Cooper, with zero senior experience of football at this level, and it shows.
Clare and Agyei also have very limited experience at this level.
Add unfit players like Kelly and Winnall, and that's simply too many players nowhere near ready to hit the ground running, and take the club forward.

You need a strong squad of senior players at this level, with a sprinkling of talented young players, but unfortunately its an unbalanced squad with too much inexperience, and not enough experienced senior players to guide them through the season.

Some ruthless and intelligent business is needed before the transfer window closes, or I fear we're in for a very hard season.

That was shite. Still too early to write the season off.
Praying for better against Accy

I guess I might as well point out we are bottom. Don't tell Bazzer
That’s why i didn’t bother commenting, ?. Not good though and sick and tired of hearing excuses, yes we have an abundance of players out injured but it appears out of the 72 EFL clubs we seem to be the only ones with injuries.

Cos that's all we've got? Or maybe making a point to Tiger (Robbo did the same a couple of seasons ago I seem to remember)
If my memory serves me well. didn't he play very for several games last season (injury cover?) and looked good. Oxford City don't want him - their loss or perhaps their central defenders are competent.

Fosu, Baptiste, Browne, Holland - all creative forward running good dribbling players who could beat a man and score gone, along with our best defender. Were they adequately replaced?

Clare carrying an injury, why wasn't Forde started instead? Of the few creative players available Henry is off form and Sykes also carrying an injury and yet fit and creative players such as Hall, Cooper, Agyei and Forde were available but not started.

Instead an alien formation is preferred. Didn't Watford tell us anything. Atkinson needs to beef up and Moore needs to TALK to him more to bolster his confidence - he got squeezed off the ball for the second.

KR's post match interview.

Nothing like showing confidence (publicly) in a youngster.

From all the players and management who were s**t today he chooses to single out a kid who didn’t even feature!!!

Way to go Karl!

If thats how he feels, after all, he sees him more than anyone and I know he’s frustrated with Nico’s flexibility in not being able to commute to games on his own as he doesn’t drive. You don’t publicly humiliate a youngster like that. Especially after investing so much time off the pitch, likewise with Elechi, they came from Fulham and Man Utd respectively and were known not to be the the most well behaved kids off the pitch as kids. That’s why the education Ox offered them and others has been so good and important to them as men growing up on and off the pitch.

Nico is so worth sticking with, his balance as a player is very good, his left foot is superb. He’s a good communicator and also plays the position well.

So annoyed at Robinson’s comments.

Nothing like showing confidence (publicly) in a youngster.

From all the players and management who were s**t today he chooses to single out a kid who didn’t even feature!!!

Way to go Karl!

If thats how he feels, after all, he sees him more than anyone and I know he’s frustrated with Nico’s flexibility in not being able to commute to games on his own as he doesn’t drive. You don’t publicly humiliate a youngster like that. Especially after investing so much time off the pitch, likewise with Elechi, they came from Fulham and Man Utd respectively and were known not to be the the most well behaved kids off the pitch as kids. That’s why the education Ox offered them and others has been so good and important to them as men growing up on and off the pitch.

Nico is so worth sticking with, his balance as a player is very good, his left foot is superb. He’s a good communicator and also plays the position well.

So annoyed at Robinson’s comments.
but you didnt hear them?

Back
Top Bottom