Home Match Day Thread 19/09/20 L1 - OUFC v Sunderland

Agyei is a big positive. He’s done well. I thought Osei was decent. Atkinson has improved.

Other than that this is a really poor start. Players like Henry, Brannagan Taylor and Sykes - BIG players for us - are miles off it. Be it fitness, playoff hangovers or general slowness out of the blocks.

Fingers crossed we start to gain some momentum. If you’re being honest, other than a decent hour at Fratton Park, and a semi-threatening 20 minutes at Wembley I think we’ve been MILES off it since coming back from lockdown.

Sunderland scored their first goal and we felt sorry for ourselves and got steadily worse until the end.

Barely won a tackle or a challenge all game. Second best everywhere. Easty beaten too easily again low down?

Brannagan, Henry and Sykes never turned up but the introduction of the subs ( again) failed to have an impact.

Why does Agyei always end up out wide? Clare had a disastrous game at fullback.

Maybe i'm just getting overly annoyed by our sh*t performance but is anyone else getting sick of how many times Jerome keeps plugging the "wasn't at the game show" - it was funny first time I heard it but its just irritating how funny they find it....

Was strange how we reverted to a style of play completely alien to what I've seen over the last year or so. We've always played a possession game with slow build up. I know we've been toothless in the last few games, but if the Watford game didn't show we had the ability to create chances I don't know what will.

Today we kicked it aimlessly, looked completely lost and frankly handed the game to Sunderland. All I can fathom is it was some weird way of KR forcing the board to sign a wide player with pace to suit his system.

Also found it a bit jarring for the commentary team to say we're in an 'injury crisis' when we're just missing a left-back, a CM and a backup CB. We're only struggling in defence so badly due to squad mismanagement. Having only one left-back on the books is criminal really.

A mess from start to finish today I’m afraid. It did worry me when I heard KR’s pre-match interview when he mentioned “the diamond” ?. Can’t understand why Forde and Agyei didn’t start (and even Hall possibly). We are not reinventing the wheel, despite the injuries and with such a good midweek performance, we could have surely stuck to a more familiar formation.

Maybe i'm just getting overly annoyed by our sh*t performance but is anyone else getting sick of how many times Jerome keeps plugging the "wasn't at the game show" - it was funny first time I heard it but its just irritating how funny they find it....

Jerome also irritated me by repeatedly mentioning the lack of fans in the ground all day.

A very poor display. Far too many players off their game and far too many mistakes. No point listing them all, I suspect KR has got a real headache in how to motivate a starting 11.

Don't want to hear anything about the ref or how we were better than the result showed. Just plain facts only KR

Back
Top Bottom