Home Match Build Up 19/09/20 L1 - OUFC v Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
We move on to Saturday, like like fans won't be allowed in.

Hall must be knocking on the door for a start after the game against Watford?!

Luckily Atkinson was rested as Mous's injury sounds bad.

I just hope Robinson takes the lessons from tonight’s game.

The worst possible outcome would be if he just played Henry wide right and Sykes on the left

Eastwood
Clare Moore Atkinson Long
Sykes Brannagan McGuene
Henry Taylor Cooper

Subs: Stevens, Jones, Forde, Kelly, Hall, Aygei, Winnall

Have the club decided whether a limited amount of fans are able to attend the Sunderland game yet?

Eastwood
McGuane Brannagan Forde
Henry Taylor Cooper

After tonight's game I would say that we should be looking at starting Cooper on the left, and possibly Forde in the middle with Brannagan and McGuane (who needs to play himself into form).

I'd also play Henry on the right on the front three and hope he also finds the form we all know he's capable of. His best football last year was playing in front of Cadden. I think he needs an overlapping option that gives him the space to come inside, and hopefully he'll get that with Clare. I also think that Long will give defensive security to allow Cooper to have a free role.

If McGuane is still struggling then I'd consider bringing Hall on and playing him further forward off Taylor. He gives another dimension and, tonight at least, he was on top form.

Henry did very little against lincoln I think Hall should start ahead of him or Mcguane.

I'd go for something slightly different to most suggested teams so far:

Eastwood
Forde
McGuane Brannigan
Sykes Taylor Cooper
I think Forde showed on Tuesday that he can play a deeper role, he kept the ball moving nicely and his defensive play was surprisingly good. I'm not sure Hall is fit enough to start again so soon otherwise he'd be in, but I'd give him 20 minutes at the end. Sykes and Cooper could give us a lot of dynamism and trickery on the wings.

If the Hallnaissance continues, it could mean a slight change of formation in future:

Eastwood
Forde Brannigan
Sykes Hall Cooper
Taylor
I think that actually gives us a bit more against defensive teams as he does have the ability to take the ball on the turn and drive at defences, take shots and slip through balls in.

Have the club decided whether a limited amount of fans are able to attend the Sunderland game yet?
The club don't get to decide on their own. They have to submit plans (which don't just involve the ground, they have to include the 'last mile' travel arrangements) which then have to be approved. Given the deadline for submission of plans was this week I doubt the approval will be quick enough for this week. Crewe would likely be the first game (if at all).

I'd go for something slightly different to most suggested teams so far:

Eastwood
Forde
McGuane Brannigan
Sykes Taylor Cooper
I think Forde showed on Tuesday that he can play a deeper role, he kept the ball moving nicely and his defensive play was surprisingly good. I'm not sure Hall is fit enough to start again so soon otherwise he'd be in, but I'd give him 20 minutes at the end. Sykes and Cooper could give us a lot of dynamism and trickery on the wings.

If the Hallnaissance continues, it could mean a slight change of formation in future:

Eastwood
Forde Brannigan
Sykes Hall Cooper
Taylor
I think that actually gives us a bit more against defensive teams as he does have the ability to take the ball on the turn and drive at defences, take shots and slip through balls in.
Think that 4-2-3-1 is the way to go.

We've gotten into a bit of a habit of not winning games. This needs to change or else the season will be over before we know it. All depends on who we else we can get in before the window shuts.
At present we seem very meh, incapable of seeing out matches when in front. Pretty passing football is great but unless we can figure out how to consistently break down defensive physical teams then we are stuffed.

Going for a 2-1 win, Branners and Sykes. Moore error for their goal.

The club don't get to decide on their own. They have to submit plans (which don't just involve the ground, they have to include the 'last mile' travel arrangements) which then have to be approved. Given the deadline for submission of plans was this week I doubt the approval will be quick enough for this week. Crewe would likely be the first game (if at all).

Thanks. I read somewhere today that the EFL have given go ahead today for clubs to allow 1000 supporters for this weekend games and that it’s down to individual clubs how they manage this, so I would expect the club to make some kind of communication on this.

Say we end up not being able to get to watch home games in the ground this season
Non-St holders paying £10 per game (£260 for the season)
As a St Holder, I paid £390 for the season
Would that not be a bit unfair to St holders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom