Home Match Day Thread +++ 19/04/2019 OUFC v Charlton Athletic Match Day Thread +++

I will take a point against what is probably the best team in the league at the moment, not certain we are clinical enough in front of goal to get one though so 2-1 to them after a good game, with Whyte scoring for us. A big away crowd plus the good weather bringing a few out sees us get 9,000.

Charlton are guaranteed playoffs with a solitary point. A win could see them nip into the autos (or, at least, level on points with Barnsley in 2nd - when did that happen?? I thought it was only a two horse race for second [Sunderland/Barnsley]. Fair play Addicks). Given we are all but certain to be in L1 again next season, and the Valley is a great away day (and one where we always seem to do well), I would like us to do all we can to sabotage this impressive promotion push.

Given our recent home form against the top sides, I'm going to plump for a 1-1 draw. Late equaliser for them. Brannagan for us.

going on the fact we lost against pompey then beat them, lost against Barnsley then drew and the draws against sunderland, i’m going for either a win or draw.
not impressed with the 1pm kickoff though

Stupid kick off time for my middle grand daughters first u's game ....early kick off buggered up my youngest lad and one of my nephews being able to make the match though! Theres two adult full price ticket sales lost for oufc for tomorrows game!

Close game, u's nick it late on to win 3-2 in a 5 goal thriller, ruffles smash n grab to clinch 3pts

First game in ages as exile - looking forward to it. 1-1 Draw Nelson header.

Looking forward to what promises to be a good game.
3-1 to the U’S I fancy Sinclair to get a brace.

COYY

We've not beaten them at home in the League since 87/88 - our last season in the top flight!

Anyone else remember the League Cup replay in the mid-70's - Brian Heron lashing home a free-kick at the London Road end with virtually the last kick of the match to force a 2nd Replay (which we lost 3-2, also at the Manor).

Anyway I'm going to go for a narrow 1-2 loss tomorrow in what will be a good game, our goal from Henry.

Think we will win 3-2. A very entertaining game that’s my prediction.

KR on rad ox earlier....whyte is fatigued.......which equates very likely that he wont be in tomorrows squad?

Another sell out away end another Oxford win. Seems to have been the case in 2019.

Eastwood
Long Nelson Dickie Ruffels
Kashi Brannagan
Lofthouse Sykes Graham
Mackie

2-1 Oxford Mackie,Kashi.

Think we'll see the first of the U18s in Lofthouse just a feeling with Whyte fatigued and Garbutt playing so much recently I think he might get a rest.

Is tomorrow the day Robinson disappears for "scouting"

Another sell out away end another Oxford win. Seems to have been the case in 2019.

Eastwood
Kashi Brannagan
Lofthouse Sykes Graham
Mackie

2-1 Oxford Mackie,Kashi.

Think we'll see the first of the U18s in Lofthouse just a feeling with Whyte fatigued and Garbutt playing so much recently I think he might get a rest.

maybe he’ll be scouting some of the Charlton players

Eastwood
Mous Brannagan
Henry Sykes Graham
Mackie

1-0, Sykes

Eastwood
Kashi Brannagan
Lofthouse Sykes Graham
Mackie

2-1 Oxford Mackie,Kashi.

Hall to cover for whyte perhaps?

Not overly confident for tomorrow but the way we have been playing you never know.

Anything from this game will be a bonus.

Having had a read of their forum they certainly dislike KR. Hope he gets to rip it out of them, 3-0 us as they wobble greatly.

Won`t be there.......... stupid KO time scuppered other plans. Hey ho.

Back
Top Bottom