Away Match Day Thread +++ 19/02/2019 Accrington v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

Pete Burrett

This will be my fifth live match of the season and, despite Ultra-bashing, Thohir, Tiger, Firoz Kassam, 'five sites', lack of strikers, threat of relegation etc etc, I'm really looking forward to it! I suppose that's because I rarely get my fix nowadays.

So we haven't won away in the league all season. So what? Tomorrow night will change all that. Oxford will win 2-0 with late goals. 260 Yellows will be present, some ever-presents from the shire, others northern exiles like me.

Love Accrington as a club, but we'll beat them.

We've got to get a win away at some point (haven't we?)....reckon when that elusive away win is achieved, itll be like buses & 2 (or more ) will come along. Crown stadium is a good place as any for our first away win. Scrappy game on a mud patch, U's nick it late on with a smash n grab from ruffles....280 away fans, crowd 1800

This will be my fifth live match of the season and, despite Ultra-bashing, Thohir, Tiger, Firoz Kassam, 'five sites', lack of strikers, threat of relegation etc etc, I'm really looking forward to it! I suppose that's because I rarely get my fix nowadays.

So we haven't won away in the league all season. So what? Tomorrow night will change all that. Oxford will win 2-0 with late goals. 260 Yellows will be present, some ever-presents from the shire, others northern exiles like me.

Love Accrington as a club, but we'll beat them.
I'm in the same position as you, can only get to Yorkshire and Lancashire venues. Wavering over this match but will probably end up going there and Blackpool.

usually when I miss games and listen on rad ox we end up losing so tomorrow I'm out and unable to tune in so it's going to be a much waited for away win. 0-1 Mackie

Tomorrow I'm going to miss my 2nd of 4 in a row. Hope I miss a better game than last Saturday. So feel free to show scores of the other 4 matches being played.

Three of those are important for us and with the right results we should go up to 17th spot.

The matches to watch are:
Portsmouth v Bristol Rovers (win for Pompey needed)
Rochdale v Wimbledon (win for the Wombles needed)
Sunderland v Gillingham (win for the train set needed and not a draw as per current form)
The other match is Barnsley v Burton (hope Barnsley win that. If we go on a good run we may catch Burton eventually)

And of course the mighty Yellows need their first away win of the season! I feel a struggle coming but we will win a scrappy game 0-2.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

usually when I miss games and listen on rad ox we end up losing so tomorrow I'm out and unable to tune in so it's going to be a much waited for away win. 0-1 Mackie

Don't remember inviting you to my party. :cautious:

I think we will sink further after this game. After the Mackems game I had high hopes of exciting football that will lead us to safety, but after a very P**s poor performance I can’t be motivated anymore, sorry for the doom and gloom

0-2 Bily Kee x2

I think we will sink further after this game. After the Mackems game I had high hopes of exciting football that will lead us to safety, but after a very P**s poor performance I can’t be motivated anymore, sorry for the doom and gloom

0-2 Bily Kee x2
I can see where you are coming from here. The Ultras news Saturday morning just put the lid on it. The East Stand seemed totally deflated. How the hell the likes of Wycombe can be ten points north of us just beggars belief. I am hoping for the best, but fear the worst tomorrow.

This has 0-0 written all over it.
Agree a low scoring draw. A very decent team capable of results against good opposition at home to a desperate shamefully underachieving talented bunch of individuals with poor tactical nous and a hopeless manager. 1-1 with Kee their scorer from a penalty. Robinson blames the referee.

Oh, crumbs. Another match to put up with.

Accrington 1 Oxford 0. Huff and puff and they'll nick it in the 77th minute from a corner.

Oh b****r oh b****r oh b****r! Acrington 2 Oxford United 1 (Sinclair C5) Att: 2001 with 206 Yellows fans. Their one Ultra fan will feel sorry for us and come and join our fans. One of their stewards will be arrested for being an illegal immigrant. Their scoreboard, recently bought from the local bingo hall, will show a full-house, unlike the attendance at the game. That fucker who bangs his drum each game will puncture his drum with his stick. He will continue the game with his mouth-organ. Their half-time raffle will have a £25 jackpot. Their bar will run out of beer and their usually lovely pies will be full of maggots. Eastwood will make a brilliant save, but injure his coccyx in doing so. Garbutt will take over in goal and save a penalty. He will ask to play in goal each week from now on (our normal reserve keeper injured his clavicle getting off the team bus). Sinclair C5's goal will be a contender for goal of the season. Comedy goal, that is. A dog will run onto the pitch. Robinson will have a mental breakdown. He will blame our defeat on Brexit. That just about does it for me. COYY

Mackie should have started Saturday, I believe both Portsmouth central defenders were young ???? He would have really given them the runaround Sinclair wasn’t at his best, so hoping Mackie starts this one and Sinclair comes on to run them ragged in the last 30 mins, with us already 2 nil ahead .......

Eastwood
Hanson Nelson Dickie Ruffels
Carruthers Mous Brannagan
Graham Mackie Browne

Would take anything but a defeat just because of the current climate, hope it hasn’t affected the squad

Kee will tear us apart, after the developments today I'm all out of optimism. Cant see us coming away with anything when the mood at the club is this awful, it'll seep through to the players.

3-1 loss with Browne getting a 84' consolation.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom