Away Match Day Thread +++ 19/02/2019 Accrington v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

I cannot believe radio Oxford and even many of our fans cannot see what has been so blatantly obvious from the first kick of the season. Especially awful is that seemingly KR and our coaching staff and recruitment team cannot see it. Damn! our defence is absolutely shocking!

Yeah strikers were needed in August and January. Sadly we didn’t sign one by the looks of it. But whilst KR was searching around for his Striker he left our defence in tatters and even let one defender go.

We don’t stop the ball into the box from wide areas enough. We give players too much space, we’re not alive to danger! Weak in the challenge. Disorganised and out of position. How many soft goals can a team concede in a season?

Great to hear Shots actually pointing out our defensive frailties last night tho. He sounded stunned at how bad we were.

Dickie looks like a broken man totally out of his depth. He constantly looses his man or doesn’t have one. He’s weak in the challenge, especially challenging for balls in the air. His body language says it all.

We paid good money for Hanson! What an absolute waste of it. An alleged championship level midfielder reduced to full back because KR doesn’t have anyone else good enough. He looked just as bad in midfield tho.

Likewise Ruffles on the other side, shocking. To be fair he’s actually not as bad as Dickie or Hanson which isn’t saying a lot.

But it’s okay we can play those players we have covering those positions. Because our recruitment was so organised and thorough. The players that have been pushing for the first team and keeping our defenders focused and on their toes, in fear of losing the shirt... er no wait!

Two absolutely shocking transfer windows. The club, the team the manager is a shambles.

Worst of all for me is that I’ve become numb to defeat. I don’t expect us to get anything out of games and I’m actually happy when we just get a point.

Robinson out!

Spot on - everything I wanted to say but couldn't be bothered to think about how bad we have become.

Tiger !!....... look what happened when Man u got rid of Jose and put Solskear in charge ...get a legend in to care take us till the end of the season you might aswell try it now !

I don’t trust Tiger to appoint a good manager. Firstly like everything he does he takes too long about it. Paying HMRC, playing Kassam, appointing KR and even deciding what colour tie to wear probably!

The fact is a manager willing to take this pile of crap on would need to accept that he’ll be manager of a relegated team. No one what’s that on their record.

But in order to NEED to appoint a manager Tiger would have to give a crap. Sadly he’s just another Kassam who’ll ruin the first team so he can make a few quid.

I noticed on Saturday that he’s quietly gone back to 4231 while people assume it’s 433. Henry was playing right behind Sinclair, noticeably further forward than both Brannagan and Mousinho, while the two wingers weren’t as high up as they would be in a front three. Did anybody happen to notice last night if it looked like this happened again?

I’m erring towards that system too. The issue for me is that KR’s system is designed to push wingers wide to send in deliveries. I can’t fault the system in that it does that - we simply haven’t had any form of target for those deliveries all bloody season! It’s why we give the appearance of being a decent side from time to time but we’re pieces short of a puzzle.

If we can’t convert crosses (and don’t get me started on set pieces and corners ...) then let’s allow for the option to go wide but with more options in the middle. My starting XI for Blackpool would be:

Eastwood
Ruffels
Nelson
Dickie
Long
Graham
Mousinho
Sykes
Whyte
Browne
Mackie

4-4-2 with only one part timer in defence. If KR cannot recognise the flaws in his system that are caused by lack of personnel, he needs to be relieved of his duties.

KR already said Mackie, Browne and Whyte are all out for Saturday’s game

For me, the only player who should not be embarrassed to pick up his wages this week. Very skillful and deserves a start at Blackpool.
cheers. hopefully we can keep hold of some of these youngsters regardless of what league we're in next season

Just reading another social media site and someone claims the fans were being told to shut the f**k up by our players, can anyone at the game confirm this?

Just reading another social media site and someone claims the fans were being told to shut the f**k up by our players, can anyone at the game confirm this?
I didn’t hear anything of the sort.

Just seen the highlights and Robinson’s interview. Firstly, he looks a beaten man who’s out of ideas and motivation.
Secondly, the defending for all of their goals and chances was Sunday League stuff. Stick to a man and those chances don’t happen. Their second goal was a case of us backing off. We have 2 guys playing full backs who simply can’t play the position and we have cumbersome central defenders. I hate to say it but we’re down already.

Did he just say we were the better team? We created the better chances?
Sadly the camera man or video editor of the highlights missed all of our chances and only included quite a few for Accrington?

And some very very bad basic defensive errors.

Shocked that Eastwood was singled out as not having the best game when the defenders are doing that in front of him.

Rad Ox did mention that Mous spent a while talking to a fan whilst the game was going on.

Rad Ox did mention that Mous spent a while talking to a fan whilst the game was going on.
And that it was all good natured and amicable.

It was also reported that the fans clapped the team off last night, even after a defeat

Apparently Robinson was laughing when he walked past the away fans too

Apparently Robinson was laughing when he walked past the away fans too

Probably laughing his way to the bank. And so would you, if you were shite at your job but your boss was based on the other side of the world and doesn't have the funds or inclination to terminate your contract!

Back
Top Bottom