Away Match Day Thread +++ 19/02/2019 Accrington v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

Oh br oh br oh b****r! Acrington 2 Oxford United 1 (Sinclair C5) Att: 2001 with 206 Yellows fans. Their one Ultra fan will feel sorry for us and come and join our fans. One of their stewards will be arrested for being an illegal immigrant. Their scoreboard, recently bought from the local bingo hall, will show a full-house, unlike the attendance at the game. That fucker who bangs his drum each game will puncture his drum with his stick. He will continue the game with his mouth-organ. Their half-time raffle will have a £25 jackpot. Their bar will run out of beer and their usually lovely pies will be full of maggots. Eastwood will make a brilliant save, but injure his coccyx in doing so. Garbutt will take over in goal and save a penalty. He will ask to play in goal each week from now on (our normal reserve keeper injured his clavicle getting off the team bus). Sinclair C5's goal will be a contender for goal of the season. Comedy goal, that is. A dog will run onto the pitch. Robinson will have a mental breakdown. He will blame our defeat on Brexit. That just about does it for me. COYY
Actually, I'm going to change my score prediction, to us winning 2-1 (Sinclair C5 & 'Rough 'em up' Ruffles). How many times have we seen a club in turmoil, but the football team winning?

Kee will tear us apart, after the developments today I'm all out of optimism. Cant see us coming away with anything when the mood at the club is this awful, it'll seep through to the players.

3-1 loss with Browne getting a 84' consolation.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong.
Can’t help but feel the same way. Another winding up order the day before an important match just feels so deflating.

Im not in and wont be logging on. Usually gives us a good result COYY

I think we will sink further after this game. After the Mackems game I had high hopes of exciting football that will lead us to safety, but after a very P**s poor performance I can’t be motivated anymore, sorry for the doom and gloom

0-2 Bily Kee x2
I'll take that willingly, Bazzer, especially after the news that's come out today. Two own goals by their leading scorer, and our first away win of the season! Brilliant.

Oh, and right after the game Twohir (spelling?) will cough up the money to buy out Kassam and give the fans the stadium.

With all the s**t going on yesterday I'd almost forgotten about this one.

I'm not going, got to work, but credit to all those that are, I'm looking forward to seeing a second successive away win on Saturday so you lot will see us break our duck on the road tonight.

COYY

Mackie should have started Saturday, I believe both Portsmouth central defenders were young ???? He would have really given them the runaround Sinclair wasn’t at his best, so hoping Mackie starts this one and Sinclair comes on to run them ragged in the last 30 mins, with us already 2 nil ahead .......
Unfortunately we were not playing Portsmouth on Saturday. :giggle:

Won’t be long and I’ll set off on the long journey up north. Love my away days, and Accy is no exception.

The last time I went James Roberts missed a sitter from six yards, and the game looked destined to finish 0-0. Then Terry Gornell scores in injury time to win it for Accy.

I remember at the final whistle, fans were quite vocal and abusive towards the team and Mapps. That didn’t turn out to badly in the end.

Now we are in a similar situation, and desperately need to get points on the board. So we can get closer to the (50) required for safety.

Here’s hoping for an away win 2-3 Oxford!

Unfortunately, I think we will lose tonight. I can't believe that all the kerfuffle around the club won't unsettle the players, and I thought they were pretty lacklustre on Saturday.

1-0 Accrington, with their goal being form a horrible defensive mistake. We will claim we should have had a penalty :(

I really, really hope I am wrong.

Back
Top Bottom