Home Match Day Thread +++ 19/01/2019 OUFC v Portsmouth Matchday Thread +++

Scouts?!? Do we have any!? When a bloke from the Mail does some scouting you know you’re in the s**t!!
I do know someone who recommends players in an unofficial capacity .whyte and Sykes were his .

Re the pitch, me and my mate said it looked smaller?
I also noticed Nelse looking absolutely ecstatic when going round the fans after the final whistle, anyone think we might have put another contract in front of him?

Eastwood, Nelson and Whyte. If we were really up against it they would have been flogged by now.
It's a balancing act for the owner though isn't it? If Eastwood, Nelson and Whyte were sold now then the chances of us playing in L1 next season are reduced considerably. If he can scrape enough cash together to get us through the season without selling them then the club (if it is worth much at all in the current ground situation) is a more valuable asset than if it is bumping along in L2, and Eastwood and Whyte are still worth money next season. Maybe he is hoping that one of his rich mates will take the club off his hands once their other commitments ease, maybe he's hoping Kassam will come back in for us (move the club to some 'cheap' stadium elsewhere in the Oxfordshire countryside and use the land) or maybe he is buying scratch cards like there is no tomorrow!

I'll be interested to see how early next season's Season Tickets go on sale...

What happened with guy who got thrown out the north stand, was he a Pompey fan?

There was a group of Pompey fans in the north stand and even a lad in a Pompey jacket and hat with them. Now thankfully nobody said anything to the lad but what were these people thinking of letting him wear that in the home fans section it could cause problems!

What problems might that cause?

Well, you might not be and I might not be but there are plenty who'd take the opportunity to take against people in the home section wearing away colours!

Away fans in the home section? Doesn't take much imagination to see trouble there does it?

there are regulations regarding away supporters not being permitted in designated
home areas

Also its in breach of OUFC's own ground regulations ( number 18 to be precise)
if the ground regs are applied to the letter

https://www.oufc.co.uk/club/information/

That said, at away matches that I can make it to, its 50/50 whether I'm in the OUFC 'away' enclosure(s)
or in with friends/ acquaintances in home enclosure ( undercover/ surupticiously ).... on rare occasions a mate who is a supporter of whoever we're at home to will sit next to me at the breeze block

when im in a home area at an away game ( or when an away team supporting pal is in an OUFC home section) it goes without saying that its not the done thing to wear colours !

Just watched the extended highlights. Confirmed my suspicion that we more than good value for the three points.

How was Lowe not sent of for that flying elbow though? That was twice as blatant and dangerous as some of the tackles that you see given reds these days.

What problems might that cause?

You can't grasp that it can cause a problem?

If people do this and I have done it plenty of times myself, I would not bring a young lad along in colours, it's not rocket science!

You can't grasp that it can cause a problem?

If people do this and I have done it plenty of times myself, I would not bring a young lad along in colours, it's not rocket science!

Devil’s advocate. I just find it funny that you can sit and watch a rugby game (with people so are just as passionate about their sport as we are) with a pint in your hand next to the opposition fans, wearing your team’s colours and no one suggests there might be “trouble”.

Are you suggesting there are people in the North stand who would hit a young kid because he’s wearing a Pompey shirt?

It seems some of their fans were launching coins at at our fans and some of our lot got caught up in the afteramth with that group of lads in the home end and were offered out by a steward. Unseemly, whatever it was.

I think we got them tactically spot on yesterday. Their full backs struggled defending and their midfield went walkabouts at important times. We were there for the taking after that interesting, but they didn't want it enough.

It seems some of their fans were launching coins at at our fans and some of our lot got caught up in the afteramth with that group of lads in the home end and were offered out by a steward. Unseemly, whatever it was.

I think we got them tactically spot on yesterday. Their full backs struggled defending and their midfield went walkabouts at important times. We were there for the taking after that interesting, but they didn't want it enough.

Pompey”lads” in the home end nothing was done about it??

Devil’s advocate. I just find it funny that you can sit and watch a rugby game (with people so are just as passionate about their sport as we are) with a pint in your hand next to the opposition fans, wearing your team’s colours and no one suggests there might be “trouble”.

Are you suggesting there are people in the North stand who would hit a young kid because he’s wearing a Pompey shirt?

If you can understand what I said, the lad should have not been allowed to be in that situation and it's not hard to work it out.

Back
Top Bottom