Home Match Day Thread +++ 19/01/2019 OUFC v Portsmouth Matchday Thread +++

Hoping for a massive 3 points. Pompey are looking for revenge after losing to Blackpool at home!

Quietly confident this'll be a narrow home win.... Pompey are doing well so far this season, that said, every team during the course of a season experiences a blip or two, I think they're on theirs currently..... need a strong and consistent set of officials taking charge of the game.... 2-1 home win, early 1-0 lead with a Browne goal canceled out 2nd half with a lateish Pompey equaliser, then up pops Whyte to nick a later winner , windmill celebrations from the entire team in yellow abound, Pompey chimes silenced , 3 valuable points won

..... its gonna be raw at the breeze block tomorrow afternoon, which makes donning two 'Kennys' advisable!;)

Last edited:
Glad someone started this thread as I started the 1 at Fratton and look what happened there.
Early start tomorrow for the Pompeyyellows as for once all the traffic will be going the same way as us. Its great seeing the pompey fans faces as we either pass them or they overtake us as they don't expect to see a car on the M27 decked out in Oxford scarves.
Prediction wise if I was a betting man I would say 3:1 to Pompey, but we are Oxford United and we like nothing better than upsetting the odds so I'm going for a nerve shredding 1:0 win.
In my local we have our usual bet winner buys the beer so for once I'm hoping its me. COYY

Can’t see anything better then a draw for us ,so I’m going for a two nil win oufc.

Head says we will get our pants pulled down but actually my heart suggests we will win at a relative canter vs the Pompey. 2-0 Oxford, COYY!

I'm going to miss this one! Not because I want to but bloody visitors ?. But we will win. After going 1 up very early we will soak up a lot of pressure before another goal for the mighty Yellows in the last 5 minutes.
Come on you Yellows.

1 3 I am afraid.
A draw would be an excellent result.
Will Sam Smith be on the bench ?

U's v Pompey is always a big game no matter where we are in the league so I hope our fans are up for this tomorrow!

To be honest I would take a draw...

Back
Top Bottom