Home Match Day Thread +++ 19/01/2019 OUFC v Portsmouth Matchday Thread +++

There were some young Pompey lads sat outside the Blackbird on a pub bench(with no drinks) ....surprised they didnt get a slap but werent threatening or anything....bet they went home and bragged about taking a liberty in Oxfords main pub LOL.....maybe things are getting all lovey dovey at matches these days???? :) :)

If you can understand what I said, the lad should have not been allowed to be in that situation and it's not hard to work it out.

You have spectacularly missed my point

You can't grasp that it can cause a problem?

If people do this and I have done it plenty of times myself, I would not bring a young lad along in colours, it's not rocket science!

I sat in the Arkells Stand (when all home support) as a young kid with an Oxford top on once. It inspired some chants in my direction which gave me a chuckle.

There were some young Pompey lads sat outside the Blackbird on a pub bench(with no drinks) ....surprised they didnt get a slap but werent threatening or anything....bet they went home and bragged about taking a liberty in Oxfords main pub LOL.....maybe things are getting all lovey dovey at matches these days???? :) :)
You’d slap someone because of the shirt they were wearing? Do you do this in shops or the cinema, or just near football grounds?

What ???

I can't believe anyone would thump someone just sitting outside a ground somewhere quietly minding their own business because they were wearing the wrong shirt. No, actually I can believe it because some people are pillocks. It's one thing to have a confrontation if people are acting up, but 'some young Pompey lads who weren't threatening or anything'? Grow up.

Last edited:
I can't believe anyone would thump someone just sitting outside a ground somewhere quietly minding their own business because they were wearing the wrong shirt. No, actually I can believe it because some people are pillocks. It's one thing to have a confrontation if people are acting up, but 'some young Pompey lads who weren't threatening or anything'? Grow up.
Sad thing is he’s probably 55

I think regarding potential aggro a classic was at the game against the gas as we were s**t and I had had enough my wife and friend and I left 10 mins before the end of the game I saw the Old Bill confronting a group of youths with one youth being pushed of the mound at the fence end they were Oxford youth looking for a bundle with oppo fans, what amazes me the game was still going on and there was a group of gas fans being held back by another line of old Bill. How the f**k were they allowed to have left the ground so early with an obvious thought of having a ruck, are we the club guilty of allowing them to leave possibly knowing what was going to happen.

I think regarding potential aggro a classic was at the game against the gas as we were s**t and I had had enough my wife and friend and I left 10 mins before the end of the game I saw the Old Bill confronting a group of youths with one youth being pushed of the mound at the fence end they were Oxford youth looking for a bundle with oppo fans, what amazes me the game was still going on and there was a group of gas fans being held back by another line of old Bill. How the f**k were they allowed to have left the ground so early with an obvious thought of having a ruck, are we the club guilty of allowing them to leave possibly knowing what was going to happen.
Probably the same reason you were allowed to leave the ground early, who can stop you leaving early?

Bet the idiot in their social media team regrets posting that now - what a tit!
As someone who works in this field I assumed this was a fake or fan account and had to go and check. Can't believe that an official account would post something so childish and amateur.
Unfortunately social media success is measured by responses so this will be held up as a shining example of a successful tweet because of all the retorts it (rightly) received.

And that is a summary of why all supporters are tarred with a very broad brush.

What is it with this team? We frustrate and delight in equal measure these days. I really didn’t see that result coming and I left the ground buzzing after what was a cracking game of football. We very nearly gave up the lead towards the end but it was interesting that they chose to turn us around at the kick off.
We then attacked into the east stand first half, got two goals up at our end and then had the advantage of defending our end second half which we successfully did. It worked (for a change) in our favour. They were a big scalp on Saturday.
As already said, Mackie, whyte, Henry and Brannigan were superb, in fact, they all had good games in a very entertaining match.
So, all they have to do is keep doing it (I make it sound so easy).?

Credit to the people in the Bird for ignoring them, can't see why anyone would be bothered by this situation if as you say they didn't play up.

What is it with this team? We frustrate and delight in equal measure these days. I really didn’t see that result coming and I left the ground buzzing after what was a cracking game of football. We very nearly gave up the lead towards the end but it was interesting that they chose to turn us around at the kick off.
We then attacked into the east stand first half, got two goals up at our end and then had the advantage of defending our end second half which we successfully did. It worked (for a change) in our favour. They were a big scalp on Saturday.
As already said, Mackie, whyte, Henry and Brannigan were superb, in fact, they all had good games in a very entertaining match.
Its actually very frustrating to be where we are in the league.
At times we can play some very good football against decent sides.
Obviously Pompey now, but Peterborough and Donny away, Wycombe and Su week and away and a few decent home games thrown in as well.
It shows that we can do it and if we play near honour best there is No reason why we shouldn't pull away from the bottom.

Yes; I don't think that decision did them any favours. I'm glad they weren't attacking their own end in the second half; I'm sure it made a difference. How is it we've managed to have it the other way round so often this season? Attacking the East Stand in the second half SEEMS better, but not sure it is ...

Its actually very frustrating to be where we are in the league.
At times we can play some very good football against decent sides.
Obviously Pompey now, but Peterborough and Donny away, Wycombe and Su week and away and a few decent home games thrown in as well.
It shows that we can do it and if we play near honour best there is No reason why we shouldn't pull away from the bottom.

Yes it’s very frustrating, but most other clubs near the bottom can probably claim this too.

It’s all about consistency & cutting out the really poor performances.

If you play golf it’s similar. Most Sunday morning golfers can all hit good shots. However it’s actually very difficult to continually keep hitting good shots, but what you probably can achieve is to cut out the really crap shots. You’d be surprised how quickly your handicap comes down then. There endeth today’s golf lesson.;)

Yes it’s very frustrating, but most other clubs near the bottom can probably claim this too.

It’s all about consistency & cutting out the really poor performances.

If you play golf it’s similar. Most Sunday morning golfers can all hit good shots. However it’s actually very difficult to continually keep hitting good shots, but what you probably can achieve is to cut out the really crap shots. You’d be surprised how quickly your handicap comes down then. There endeth today’s golf lesson.;)

The other reason it feels particularly frustrating for OUFC is that we made such a horrific start. If we’d just picked up a few more points in those first games, we’d be approaching something more comfortable. As it is, we’re still scrapping away down there.

Back
Top Bottom