Away Match Day Thread 18/9/21 L1: Cheltenham Town v OUFC

Agree but it’s likely a load of rubbish isn’t it. Cant imagine Cam not wanting to play regardless of who else is on the pitch
It’s a strange thing to say without backing it up

Attachments

• 0604AE34-1813-4BAC-8F03-23FC33468A40.png
    0604AE34-1813-4BAC-8F03-23FC33468A40.png
    238.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 5692047A-D8A2-4B4B-8E3F-DF81FB729586.png
    5692047A-D8A2-4B4B-8E3F-DF81FB729586.png
    309.8 KB · Views: 81
And….breathe everyone.
Long way to go yet.

IMHO…I still believe this is the best squad we have had for 3/4 seasons and that we are capable of going up. It just might take a few more games to gel.
Although robbo talks too much, is too emotional and lacks focus when being intereviewed, I do think he’s done a good job and he’s capable of getting us up.
Staying up!? I’m not sure if he’s up to that but it would be great to find out next season.

So we start the Season with 4 points from two games 7 points from 3 games then 10 points from 5 games so wtf have they been doing in training to suddenly get 1 point from the last 4 games it’s abysmal in fact it’s s**t yeah we are two points off the play off but the way we are going the play off we don’t need to be thinking about that at the moment we need to be thinking where is the next 3 points coming from .
Now let’s discuss are strikers or lack off
Winnall is injury prone he won’t score 5 goals this season he will be sat on the treatment table more times than he will play so what is the point of having him.
Agyei a lot of people myself included have been calling for him to start matches but KR doesn’t agree I dunno why nobody on here knows why so maybe KR should explain why he doesn’t trust agyei to start as the main striker.
Taylor if he wasn’t one of our own I know he left but he came back finally would so
Many people be accepting his s**t form he offers nothing at the moment and needs to be sitting on the bench for a few games or at coming on for 10 minutes at the end of games abit like agyei at the moment I think last season he went 19 games without scoring he isn’t prolific enough
Anyway that’s my rant over enjoy your evening and see you next Saturday 😝

So James Henry scores a couple of goals in one game let seems untouchable when it comes to dropping him

KR explain why the ponderous, caught in possession So many times today was not substituted.

Have to say, I thought James Henry was the only Oxford player who looked like scoring today.
According to the stats, we had 5 shots on target today. Well, I'm certain that Henry had 4 of them (including forcing a couple of excellent saves).....I can't recall who had the 5th, but it may have been him as well.
He's also the only Oxford player who's scored more than one goal this season (he has four).

Yes, he gave the ball away a few times today, but I wouldn't have taken him off either when we're so lacking in goal threat from anyone else at the moment......

No good being nice about it, that second half was appalling and became farcical by the end. The first half was dominant, at times impressive, but we didn't really create a clear cut chance, the shots were all from range and whilst they were decent efforts they needed to be really good to go in the net. The set pieces were absolutely terrible.

We have a squad of good players that possibly doesn't look like they can be moulded into a good capable winning team. Whyte doesn't seem to want to go past anyone. Holland is really disappointing and very brittle. We spent good money on McGuane and it doesn't look as if he will ever play so why bother. The hype about Kane needs to come good because he looks a significant downgrade on Bran. Taylor is an out and out goalscorer but the way the team is set up doesn't play to his strengths at all. We could still challenge for promotion but that will be because we have good players and likely be despite the manager. This has now turned into a bad start to the season for a team that wants to challenge at the top of the table. You can't help but feel a good manager with the resources they have at their disposal at the moment would be doing better than this. The manager has sacrificed cups already this season to have a real go at the league. Not worked. Nothing's worked. The away support has been fantastic but not rewarded at all and if things don't change soon things could start to turn ugly. And this is after some supposed easy games. We have tough matches coming up.

No good being nice about it, that second half was appalling and became farcical by the end. The first half was dominant, at times impressive, but we didn't really create a clear cut chance, the shots were all from range and whilst they were decent efforts they needed to be really good to go in the net. The set pieces were absolutely terrible.

We have a squad of good players that possibly doesn't look like they can be moulded into a good capable winning team. Whyte doesn't seem to want to go past anyone. Holland is really disappointing and very brittle. We spent good money on McGuane and it doesn't look as if he will ever play so why bother. The hype about Kane needs to come good because he looks a significant downgrade on Bran. Taylor is an out and out goalscorer but the way the team is set up doesn't play to his strengths at all. We could still challenge for promotion but that will be because we have good players and likely be despite the manager. This has now turned into a bad start to the season for a team that wants to challenge at the top of the table. You can't help but feel a good manager with the resources they have at their disposal at the moment would be doing better than this. The manager has sacrificed cups already this season to have a real go at the league. Not worked. Nothing's worked. The away support has been fantastic but not rewarded at all and if things don't change soon things could start to turn ugly. And this is after some supposed easy games. We have tough matches coming up.
Absolutely. This is a good team with a clueless manager. The truth hurts.

I said a few weeks ago we have had a bad start if we can't win at the club's we've played away from home. I got slated by a few. Iam a KR supporter but once again we are going to have to do it the hard way. We are fast getting through clubs we should go away to and win we have the players but something is not jelling .

If they’re a good team why can’t they score, or beat promoted teams?
We are a good team I don’t think anyone can dealt that we’ve got good players but maybe tactics are wrong maybe formation wrong im not going to call for KRs head yet but it is up to him to get this team going again

This was the League table when Clotet when sacked. How much had Robinson moved us forward in his three years plus in charge? Should this be how he is judged?
Screenshot_20210918_191201_uk.co.bbc.android.sportdomestic.jpg

This was the League table when Clotet when sacked. How much had Robinson moved us forward in his three years plus in charge? Should this be how he is judged?
View attachment 7175
Slightly misleading as when he actually took over after nearly two months of aimless drifting under DF we had slumped down to 16th.

Whereas now we’re *checks table* 14th. 15th if Portsmouth don’t lose at home to Plymouth in midweek.

We are a good team I don’t think anyone can dealt that we’ve got good players but maybe tactics are wrong maybe formation wrong im not going to call for KRs head yet but it is up to him to get this team going again
The manager creates and motivates the team and should share the credit and blame, but the whole thing is a collective effort. I didn’t go but it sounds like if we’d taken chances in the first half we’d probably have won and maybe sorted our heads for the next game

Slightly misleading as when he actually took over after nearly two months of aimless drifting under DF we had slumped down to 16th.

Whereas now we’re *checks table* 14th. 15th if Portsmouth don’t lose at home to Plymouth in midweek.
Not misleading if you view it from the angle that Clotet's 'achievement' wasn't good enough resulting in his sacking.

Back
Top Bottom