Away Match Build Up 18/9/21 L1: Cheltenham Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Are we going to win? Will Sam Long start? Will Dan get more than 5 minutes playing time?

All question, along with many more, swimming around in my head.

Your thoughts please.

Got to come good sooner or later..... and I`m not sure `Nam have enough about them, although it depends on what pegs are put in which holes!

They won away at Charlton on Saturday... and would go above us if they win.

A full away end (and side) will provide the noise, we need the boys on the pitch to provide the incentive to really create an atmosphere. An early goal for us and no silly set piece cock ups would be the right direction to take.
I would like to see Longy back, if he's fit enough. Dan to get 30 minutes, second half unless Matty is having a good day. 'Nam play a 3-5-2 so we'll need to watch the midfield. High press and get the ball to Sykes or Whyte to run at their back 3 with plenty of opportunities for Matty to annoy their defence.

Tougher game than it looks on paper, this one.

I'd probably be happy to avoid defeat with another clean sheet. I'm just not sure where the goals are going to come from atm, so being tight defensively again would be a little acorn on the way to brighter days when we get the formula right at the top end of the pitch.

Quick word for the travelling support...it's not far away but at £26 a ticket and more glamorous away fixtures on the horizon (Wednesday and Ipswich), another 1400+ sold out* travelling army is a bloody great effort!

*Assuming we sell the remaining 100 tickets or so.

Just try and keep it tight. Up front we are waiting for things to click, as last season. If we can at least keep defensively solid we'll be in a better place than back then.

One goal in it...Henry with it.

Tougher game than it looks on paper, this one.

I'd probably be happy to avoid defeat with another clean sheet. I'm just not sure where the goals are going to come from atm, so being tight defensively again would be a little acorn on the way to brighter days when we get the formula right at the top end of the pitch.

Quick word for the travelling support...it's not far away but at £26 a ticket and more glamorous away fixtures on the horizon (Wednesday and Ipswich), another 1400+ sold out* travelling army is a bloody great effort!

*Assuming we sell the remaining 100 tickets or so.
Not so daft then, these 'nam fellows!

I don't think I've ever seen a good game at Cheltenham so hoping for a change on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom